Adding USB Storage post flashing

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: Adding USB Storage post flashing

Post by Lantis »

http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

foxyboy

Post by foxyboy »

Lantis, you are a star my friend, thank you, i know youve 1000 other things to be doing :D
Linksys WRT1200AC v1 Gargoyle 1.12
TP-Link Archer A7 v5 Gargoyle 1.13 PL

foxyboy

Post by foxyboy »

Lantis, has this made it into the 1.9.2 build yet ? I see the airrouter download is 3.4mb yet tplink-1034nd is double that.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

No I think it missed out by a month.
You could try the latest 1.9.x from the show and tell forum. That should have he change
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

foxyboy

Post by foxyboy »

Lantis,

Ive had the airrouter up and running gargoyle for quite a while providing additional wifi coverage in the house. Ive only just setup public-key authentication on the primary router and went to perform same on airrouter.

Seems the file sytem is read only under /root

Is this by design ?

If not is there a way i can enable public-key authentication ? I thought it would be as easy as creating my /rtt/.ssh/authorized_keys file with my publickey but alas not in this case.

root@airrouter:~# mkdir .ssh
mkdir: can't create directory '.ssh': Read-only file system
root@airrouter:~#

root@airrouter:~# df -k
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 320 260 60 81% /
/dev/root 6144 6144 0 100% /rom
tmpfs 14308 84 14224 1% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock5 320 260 60 81% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay 320 260 60 81% /
tmpfs 512 0 512 0% /dev

thanks
foxyboy

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Nothing intentional has caused that. Usually that happens when the router fills up to capacity. It then drops into RO mode to prevent further writes.

foxyboy

Post by foxyboy »

Thanks Lantis,

I went about flashing the airrouter again and seeing 1.10 available i decided to use it.

However it appears that there is only a factory firmware and the firmware is only 3.37mb
gargoyle_1.10.0-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-airrouter-squashfs-factory.bin

After a successfull custom build and testing i had reuested it be moved into usb target and was using an ispy build with usb support (7mb) successfully a while back gargoyle_1.9.x-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-airrouter*

I just checked the 1.10 source and the airrouter is indeed in the usb target profile.

Am i missing something ???

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I am not sure to be honest with you. It may be something you should test with Openwrt or check upstream. I've tried to fix this numerous times and cannot understand the problem.

For reference, it builds the sysupgrade file on 1.11.X, but it is only 4.4MB, same size as Factory file. *shrug* :?:

foxyboy

Post by foxyboy »

Even though the airrouter appears to have been allocated to the usb target in the 1.10 build it hasnt adhered to it as the
ssh banner clear states the target as default.

Is that what you identified and was trying to resolve ?