Google Summer of Code

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

nworbnhoj

Google Summer of Code

Post by nworbnhoj »

Perhaps we could get a couple of Gargoyle plugins built!

https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/hom ... e/gsoc2015

I have been involved previously with GSOC and consider it to be an excellent program. Basically Google pays for youngsters to code instead of flip burgers over summer. The youngster gets to both learn and show off their skills; and the Open Source gets some cool new code. :D

I have some plugin ideas - but do not have the time (or bandwidth) to build them at the moment. I know there are other plugin ideas out there.

Basically, We would need to register with the GSOC program, document some proposals, evaluate student responses, select students and match each to a mentor. The the student writes code and gets paid on delivery.

Rather than register directly with GSOC an more simple alternative is to:
Carol Smith wrote:You might consider joining an organization like Software Freedom Conservancy to be your fiscal sponsor instead. It provides various services to its member projects, which include handling accounting and managing earmarked accounts for free software projects. It can be a home for your project and then accept funds on your behalf and hold them in an earmarked account for other expenses that fit both your projects' goals and Conservancy's charitable mission.
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E