BitTorrent Sync

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

BitTorrent Sync

Post by ispyisail »

Hi all

I'm investigating using using BitTorrent Sync for image download?

http://www.getsync.com/

has anybody used it?

Is it any good?

Would you guys use it?

Real Root

Re: BitTorrent Sync

Post by Real Root »

Hi
I'm using Bit Torrent Sync to sync data in all offices of our company.
Nice util.

Ulric

Post by Ulric »

If I remember correctly, it's not compatible with normal BitTorrent software, keeping Linux users from being able to download. A conventional torrent would be fully cross platform though.
-Ulric
Router: Nighthawk X6 (OpenWRT 15.05.1), 15M/1M (Time Warner Cable)

mgoo

Post by mgoo »

Ulric wrote:If I remember correctly, it's not compatible with normal BitTorrent software, keeping Linux users from being able to download. A conventional torrent would be fully cross platform though.
Do you happen to know if the Transmission bittorrent client should/would be compatible to the trackerless torrent, kindly provided by ispyisail ?

-mgoo

Ulric

Post by Ulric »

mgoo wrote:
Ulric wrote:If I remember correctly, it's not compatible with normal BitTorrent software, keeping Linux users from being able to download. A conventional torrent would be fully cross platform though.
Do you happen to know if the Transmission bittorrent client should/would be compatible to the trackerless torrent, kindly provided by ispyisail ?

-mgoo
I know the copy of transmission on my router works well with torrents that don't have any working trackers left when DHT is enabled, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.
-Ulric
Router: Nighthawk X6 (OpenWRT 15.05.1), 15M/1M (Time Warner Cable)