Airocrack-ng on Fon+

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Garbage_OIL

Airocrack-ng on Fon+

Post by Garbage_OIL »

Anyone try using airocrack-ng and accompanying tools with the Gargoyle firmware on a fon 2201 with packet injection?

I have not gotten my 2201 working yet, but was wondering if this would work. I know with the old regular Fonera you needed patched madwifi drivers. Would this be the case here and if so, how does someone go about patching the drivers?

Thanks,

Garbage_oil

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Airocrack-ng on Fon+

Post by Eric »

Admittedly, I haven't actually tried doing packet injection.

However, the latest releases of Gargoyle (Beta4 and the bleeding edge firmware) are based on the latest version of Openwrt, Kamikaze 8.09. I believe madwifi packet injection works out of the box in 8.09 RC1 and later. According to this the injection capable madwifi drivers were added in SVN r12048, which was well before RC1 was released.

Garbage_OIL

Re: Airocrack-ng on Fon+

Post by Garbage_OIL »

I have the aircrack-ng and aircrack-ptw installed now. I am now trying to mount a share to store the captured packets. I am having no luck...is there another package I need?

here is the command I am using.

mount -t cifs //192.168.2.101/fon /mnt -o unc=\\\\192.168.2.101\\fon,ip=192.168.2.101,user=user,pass=pass,dom=WORKGROUP

it clears with no errors, but the mnt directory isn't mounted. Any tips?