Quota and bandwidth limit

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

niikk

Quota and bandwidth limit

Post by niikk »

Hi Eric!

Ok so my BIG question today is : is there a way to implement gargoyle quota (with a script or something) that could, instead of shutting down WAN when quota is reached, only limit the bandwidth to a set value through qos by example?

The situation I am dealing with is a maximum bandwidth being 120GB and me always going over up to 200GB on ADSL2+.... not very good when you get charged every month 30$ extra.... (ok 30$ extra is not bad for 80Gb EXTRA but still....)

What I've done last month is very simple.... when I reach quota (which is set to 110Gb, I set QoS max speed to the bandwidth left per day divided by 24.... and than divided by 3600 which is approximately what' left on my bandwidth per seconds.... (Qos=(120-%quota/24)/3600)but a script that would do that automatically would be even better!!!

the only thing is... I don't know how to write it and implement it to gargoyle....

any advice?

Thanks

Nikkk

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Quota and bandwidth limit

Post by Eric »

You can't do this now (unless you REALLY want to get your hands dirty with iptables rules), but this is a feature I intend to implement sometime in the next couple of months. It has fairly high priority.

sajjadhalai

Re: Quota and bandwidth limit

Post by sajjadhalai »

i want that tooo.. that quota total will be used according to remaining time..

user bandwidth speed = quota usage left /time remained in reset quota
a very fair usage policy
but hot apply it.or any available script or plugin or package or patch..
any help thanx in advance