Gargoyle Router in Comparison to Commercial

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Dev_BR

Re: Gargoyle Router in Comparison to Commercial

Post by Dev_BR »

There is not a solid firewall set, like those rules to block atacks ...

jclarkw

Post by jclarkw »

Dev_BR wrote:There is not a solid firewall set, like those rules to block atacks ...

Good point! Although the OEM firmware native to the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND offers enable/disable switches for things like SPI, DoS, UDP Flood, TCP-SYN Flood, and Ignore Ping from WAN (in addition to the "Access Restrictions" that are clearly implemented in Gargoyle), I don't immediately see any way to control these features through Gargoyle. Also no clear way to set up port filters for individual remote sites.

(Maybe I'm missing something. It's difficult for me to learn the features of Gargoyle through the clumsy on-line "Configuration Guide." A .PDF users manual would have been much more user-friendly...) -- jclarkw

jclarkw

Post by jclarkw »

jclarkw wrote:
Dev_BR wrote:There is not a solid firewall set, like those rules to block atacks ...
...enable/disable switches for things like SPI, DoS, UDP Flood, TCP-SYN Flood, and Ignore Ping from WAN... I don't immediately see any way to control these features through Gargoyle. Also no clear way to set up port filters for individual remote sites.

(Maybe I'm missing something. It's difficult for me to learn the features of Gargoyle through the clumsy on-line "Configuration Guide."...

Did I get the above right? If not, can somebody point me to the relevant instructions? -- jclarkw