Another "newbies questions" =P

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

SuD

Another "newbies questions" =P

Post by SuD »

hi! I'm a completely newbie in Linux and programming languages...

I have a wr1043nd, and I'm trying to use it for media dlna server. after reading a lot about alternatives firmwares, I've choosen gargoyle to install.

So, it was really easy. I've installed the 1.5.11 version and it was all great.

BUT, I could not find how or where do I have to go/open/click/writesomething to install the minidlna... can someone please give me the directions, or a page with a install guide? but remember... I'm a completely newbie, so, if the guide is directed for 5 year old kid it will be awesome! =P

another question... I have a HDD in ntfs (2tb), and it was recognized and mounted, and it supposed to be shared, but I cannot acess it from windows explorer... what should I do? I've tried \\192.168.1.1\share_1, but nothing happens...

thanks in advance

mates

Re: Another "newbies questions" =P

Post by mates »

SuD wrote:BUT, I could not find how or where do I have to go/open/click/writesomething to install the minidlna... can someone please give me the directions, or a page with a install guide? but remember... I'm a completely newbie, so, if the guide is directed for 5 year old kid it will be awesome! =P
go tu Plugins
click on Refresh Plugins button
Tick DLNA Support for Gargoyle
Click on install button
after that go to SYSTEM ... here will be DLNA
SuD wrote:another question... I have a HDD in ntfs (2tb), and it was recognized and mounted, and it supposed to be shared, but I cannot acess it from windows explorer... what should I do? I've tried \\192.168.1.1\share_1, but nothing happens...
go to System ... USB storage
Type some user with password and click on ADD
After that change Share name (or leave as it is)
Chose rights
and click on add shared disk

for accesing type in windows explorer ftp://192.168.1.1/share_1

SuD

Post by SuD »

mates wrote:go to System ... USB storage
Type some user with password and click on ADD
After that change Share name (or leave as it is)
Chose rights
and click on add shared disk
just great man! thank you very much. I didn't see the "add shared disk" button o.O. but now it's working. =P
mates wrote:go tu Plugins
click on Refresh Plugins button
Tick DLNA Support for Gargoyle
Click on install button
after that go to SYSTEM ... here will be DLNA
maybe I'm crazy, but I'm pretty sure that I did "refresh" the plugins yesterday and the DLNA option wasn't there o.O... but, anyway, is there now! ^^

the problem is, it can't be installed because I don't have space for it. THEN I changed the install path to my HDD, and it was installed... and the DNLA option is there in SYSTEM menus.

the only problem is that the DNLA didn't recognized my movies in the HDD. I did check the ENABLE, and add a share folder, where are my movies. after that I clicked on CHECK FOR NEWS (something like that), and after that I clicked on STATUS, and it shows "0" for all three medias types.

what could be wrong now? or install the DLNA in my HDD ntfs partition wasn't a good idea?

mates

Post by mates »

SuD wrote:the problem is, it can't be installed because I don't have space for it. THEN I changed the install path to my HDD, and it was installed... and the DNLA option is there in SYSTEM menus.

the only problem is that the DNLA didn't recognized my movies in the HDD. I did check the ENABLE, and add a share folder, where are my movies. after that I clicked on CHECK FOR NEWS (something like that), and after that I clicked on STATUS, and it shows "0" for all three medias types.

what could be wrong now? or install the DLNA in my HDD ntfs partition wasn't a good idea?
no idea i have DLNA instaled on router (i am lucky that i have 64MB)

when I click on DLNA status I got
MiniDLNA status
Audio files: 0
Video files: 80
Image files: 0

but ... did you chose drive and media folder (i have setted root .... / ) and did you click on ADD button?

you will see something like this

Drive Folder
/dev/sda1 / REMOVE (buttton)

also media type must be all or video