nodogsplash, or?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

rhy7s

nodogsplash, or?

Post by rhy7s »

I haven't seen a whole lot of discussion around captive portals here, though it looks like it might some day be included. I'm thinking of replacing a pfSense router with Gargoyle due to the Active Congestion Controller, better traffic accounting and lower power usage. It just needs a simple captive portal with a hard timeout and nodogsplash seems to fit the bill. It seems I'll just need to stick to 1.5.6 due to the lack of IMQ but at least that still gets me the latest ACC. Anything else I should be aware of in this scenario?

pbix
Developer

Re: nodogsplash, or?

Post by pbix »

rhy7s wrote: It seems I'll just need to stick to 1.5.6 due to the lack of IMQ but at least that still gets me the latest ACC.
Why are you sticking with v1.5.6? The ACC has been updated since then so if you do you will not get the latest ACC. Also, IMQ is present in all versions of Gargoyle.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

rhy7s

Post by rhy7s »

That's great news, I was just going by the OpenWRT wiki (Edit: which mentions IMQ being dropped in Attitude Adjustment) and the Gargoyle changelog where I saw the new improved version (Edit: of ACC) was added in 1.5.4.

powerlogy

Post by powerlogy »

Nodogsplash brokes the qos and ACC on gargoyle.I don't know is this a bug or these two doesn't work together?