Howto flash Gargoyle onto Rosewill RNX-N300RT

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

tntsjp

Re: Howto flash Gargoyle onto Rosewill RNX-N300RT

Post by tntsjp »

Hi,

I was able to follow steps 1-3 without a problem. It seemed everything was okay until i was done with step 3 and was supposed to log back into my router. The admin password I used was no longer valid. I tried others like "root", "admin", "password" but none of them worked. Any chance someone can help?

Thank you...

sportscrazed2

Post by sportscrazed2 »

I have one of these running rock solid in dd-wrt client bridged mode. I ordered a second one to run as an AP in my basement connected to powerline adapters. I am interested in trying gargoyle but my question is is there any tangible benefit to going through 2 extra flashes and risk bricking it both times if it's just going to be used as an access point? Also I'm kind of a noob at this stuff and can't seem to find anything nearly as detailed as http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wi ... cess_Point in the gargoyle docs. If I follow those instructions to the tee i know they'll work. Am I missing something blatantly obvious? And finally the reason I'm interested in moving to gargoyle from dd-wrt is because dd-wrt seems like it's in a perpetual state of beta. Now is the 1.5 branch really that experimental? Or is it just putting more polish on the stable version of openwrt?

sportscrazed2

Post by sportscrazed2 »

Well went ahead and tried it on my original one and it seems to work fine as a client bridge. Didn't see an n only option though. Would be nice if repeating was disabled by default. Overall it should work fine for what I'm using it for but it's kind of ugly compared to dd-wrt.