integrate netfilter modules script for WhiteRussian 0.9

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

snowyowlster

integrate netfilter modules script for WhiteRussian 0.9

Post by snowyowlster »

Hi Eric:
I am guessing that the script you posted on the OpenWrt forum is only for Kamikaze.
Would it be possible for you to post a script for WhiteRussian buildroot.

I am trying to get my own new netfilter TARGET modules compiled and it's a pain because the standard make rewrites all the directories - so am reduced to doing partial builds - but now even the standard TTL target netfilter module is not being invoked. Was hoping I could use your script for this
Thanks
Snowyowlster

Eric
Site Admin

Re: integrate netfilter modules script for WhiteRussian 0.9

Post by Eric »

Unfortunately, no. It took me less than a week to build the new netfilter module and about three to get the integration scripts to work properly with both kamikaze 7.09 & the trunk at that time. The integration scripts are the hard part, and White Russian & Kamikaze are substantially different. I have so little time to actually work on this project (it's my hobby), so I can't justify spending the time necessary to back-port the scripts to White Russian. Sorry.

You are, however, more than welcome to try to adapt my script yourself. It will probably just take another week ;-)

snowyowlster

Post by snowyowlster »

OK. Thanks much for the fast reply.
I was going to move to kamikaze anyway.
Will the script you posted on the openwrt forum for "the current openwrt trunk" work with the latest release candidate RC1 (8.09)

Snowyowlster

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Yes, the script does work with 8.09 RC1.

One thing I just noticed though -- you say you are creating new netfilter TARGET modules, not match modules. I suspect you'll have to make a few modifications (though not too many) to integrate targets instead of matches.