Torrent downloader

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

stowaway

Torrent downloader

Post by stowaway »

First of all let me say i Love Gargoyle.. I have been using the beta for 6 months now i think. and i just upgraded to the latest one and it just kicks ass!!
( i love the qouta system ect.. i have international students so it works great for me)

was just thinking off another cool app that would be good for it.. is to have a torrent downloader on there?

just thought i'd put it out there ;)

AF35

Re: Torrent downloader

Post by AF35 »

I'm not trying to put you down. But I can't think of a possible way to handle seed storage and the actual downloaded file. the router already has tiny memory and it's nearly 100% used up.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

I know someone who runs rtorrent on his router. The router has a connected USB hard disk that stores the data. A way cool application for OpenWRT on a router.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

Maniac

Post by Maniac »

AF35 wrote:I'm not trying to put you down. But I can't think of a possible way to handle seed storage and the actual downloaded file. the router already has tiny memory and it's nearly 100% used up.
Asus routers have this built in via their USB ports on the stock firmware.

AF35

Post by AF35 »

yes i understand your point of making use of the usb port on the router. but i don't think the router versions that eric is focusing on (WRT-54 series and the fon ap) has a usb port. thus it's unlikely he'll write a driver for usb.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

The necessary files to enable the USB port can be downloaded as a package from OpenWrt, I believe. So long as you're willing to get your hands dirty configuring things via the command line, it shouldn't be too hard. That's the advantage of implementing Gargoyle on top of OpenWrt.

florachan

Post by florachan »