Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Questions..

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

platinums

Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Questions..

Post by platinums »

Hi
I want to buy a router that would be suitable to act as a gateway for up to 20 wireless hosts that will come through The Gargoyle router. I guess the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH would be a good choice for the high memory available.

Would the router be suitable to handle the high load? IS Gargoyle Stable? The project will be a remote site so restarting the router once a week will not really be possible (i have used routers in general and there always seems to be that point where one freezes and needs to be restarted.

I have to say im impresssed with what i see of Gargoyle so far with the Bandwidth Management feature and cant find anything quite like it in any enterprise class switches from the likes of Netgear etc.
In the case of the Buffalo. Does the gargoyle firmware update just install on top of stock firmware?
One question about teh QOS/Bandwidth Management, in particular can the router be set up to share the BW evenly amongst all ip's (not port based)
I want to enable every user to have a fair share of the internet so limit thier dl/ul and prioritize skype.

is there a POE 8 port switch that works with Open WRT/Gargoyle?
Any help is much appreciated.

Regards
Franky