which is the best routers to work with Gargoyle ?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

florachan

which is the best routers to work with Gargoyle ?

Post by florachan »

Hi I found a list of hardware that compatible with open-wrt and correct me if I am wrong. gargoyle will work on what ever hardware that open-wrt support .

http://oldwiki.openwrt.org/CompleteTabl ... 6b9b9a421f

if it is true , can any one recommend and good router ?

thanks in advance
cheers,
Flora

propelaheadau

Re: which is the best routers to work with Gargoyle ?

Post by propelaheadau »

Hi Flora,

I have found the WRT-54GL to be flawless....running version 1.0.1 it is bullet proof.

Hope this helps...

Peter

Lucky75

Post by Lucky75 »

Yep, the GL works very well. See if you can get your hands on an older 54G router (<V4?). They have more memory, if I remember correctly.

florachan

Post by florachan »

Lucky75 wrote:Yep, the GL works very well. See if you can get your hands on an older 54G router (<V4?). They have more memory, if I remember correctly.

at the moment I had borrowed a wrt54g v1 from friend and it keep hitting 90% memory ... I been trying to look for wrt54g(s) v3 (32ram) on ebay but not much luck.

Asus router WL-500gP V2 seem to had pretty good spec .. does anyone have any experience running gargoyle on them ? are they solid like wrt54g ?

Lucky75

Post by Lucky75 »

90% memory is normal. Nothing you can do about it. Even when I was running X-wrt I was consistently at 95%+.