WNDR3700v2 what firmware

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Re: WNDR3700v2 what firmware

Post by ispyisail »

nope, it doesn't work

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/hardw ... n#wr1043nd

looks like you need to customise the script

even then my router kept rebooting

Dude_Virus

Post by Dude_Virus »

Hi

I have a WNDR3700v2 router which I have bought just 3 days back and I am having issues with wireless connectivity with the original firmware. It keeps on dropping my wireless connection by stating in the logs that WLAN ACCESS REJECTED : INCORRECT SECURITY from MAC ADDRESS.

Does the gargoyle firmware fix this issue.. As I am fedup of this issue as my old router works fine with the same device. I contacted netgear and their level 2 support says tht this is a third party device and they cant support it. Even after explaining them that another netgear router works fine but this one is rejecting the wlan connection , they are not listening. So it seems I am on my own.

Urgje

Post by Urgje »

Dude_Virus wrote:Hi

I have a WNDR3700v2 router which I have bought just 3 days back and I am having issues with wireless connectivity with the original firmware. It keeps on dropping my wireless connection by stating in the logs that WLAN ACCESS REJECTED : INCORRECT SECURITY from MAC ADDRESS.

Does the gargoyle firmware fix this issue.. As I am fedup of this issue as my old router works fine with the same device. I contacted netgear and their level 2 support says tht this is a third party device and they cant support it. Even after explaining them that another netgear router works fine but this one is rejecting the wlan connection , they are not listening. So it seems I am on my own.
Hi,

I had similar issues with the original firmware on my WNDR3700v2. Never had any trouble since I moved to the Gargoyle firmware. The router is functioning strong and rock stable now. SO my advice would be: make the move and don't look back.
Urgje (Netgear WNDR3700v2 / Gargoyle 1.4.7)
[my ego shrank while growing up]