WAN led to be amber ?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

rushino

WAN led to be amber ?

Post by rushino »

Hello,

It is normal for the WAN led to be amber ? I am running 1.5.0 on WDNR3700v2. Ive looked everywhere in the docs and in the forum and i can't seem to find anything regarding what mean the leds cause for sure they have changed compared to the original firmware.

Thanks.

Tank_Killer

Re: WAN led to be amber ?

Post by Tank_Killer »

WAN led on my wndr3700v1 is also amber, I beleive this is normal operation.

Urgje

Post by Urgje »

rushino wrote:Hello,

It is normal for the WAN led to be amber ? I am running 1.5.0 on WDNR3700v2. Ive looked everywhere in the docs and in the forum and i can't seem to find anything regarding what mean the leds cause for sure they have changed compared to the original firmware.

Thanks.

Still running the version 1.4.2 on my WNDR3700v2 router*, the WAN light has always been amber since I flashed the Gargoyle firmware.

* Time lacking for updating to 1.5.0, but will when I can spare the time.
Urgje (Netgear WNDR3700v2 / Gargoyle 1.4.7)
[my ego shrank while growing up]

rushino

Post by rushino »

Alright lol seem normal then. Anyway i didn't seen any problems so far..

Thanks guys for the replies.

Statix

Post by Statix »

I would like an official response or clarification from the developers on this issue.

I have always been under the impression that orange/amber LED means a slower 10/100mbps ethernet link, whereas green means a gigabit or 1000mbps link, on the Netgear WNDR3700 (and other routers in general). Despite this fact, my WAN port LED is showing orange/amber, even though I am using all gigabit/1000mbps equipment and cables.

This seems counter-intuitive to me, and it makes me unsure as to whether I am getting a true gigabit connection on my router's WAN port.
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - Gargoyle 1.6.1