Gargole on Opewrt 2022

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

adrusa

Gargole on Opewrt 2022

Post by adrusa »

I have WRT3200ACM that I was using for gargoyle, but has now stopped working with gargoyle. I really can not explain why, but whenever I install Gargoyle the router hangs, and does not give IP address to clients. However, Openwrt still works very well.

However, I need the bandwidth management and quota feature of gargoyle. Is there anyway I can install gargoyle on OpenWRT?

Thanks for helping.

ispyisail

Re: Gargole on Opewrt 2022

Post by ispyisail »

What version?

adrusa

Post by adrusa »

Thanks for your response. I have tried 1.12, 1.13 and 1.15.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

What settings are you making that causes it to fail?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

adrusa

Post by adrusa »

Just the initial setup. Wifi, and IP address. I assign IP address in the 192.168. range and it stops giving out DHCP addresses. Thank you.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Did you want to provide a list of what settings you are actually making on what screens, and what your general network setup is? What other network devices do you have upstream? The fact that you can make initial settings means it works.
There's either something wrong with the way you're configuring it, or Gargoyle is making some incompatible settings. I can't figure out which unless you are more prescriptive.

To answer your initial question, no, you cannot "install Gargoyle" on an OpenWrt installation as a set of packages.
FAQ wrote:Is Gargoyle a fork of OpenWrt?
No. Gargoyle is a front-end/web interface for OpenWrt, not a fork. However, unlike X-Wrt or LuCI several kernel patches have been incorporated that make it impossible to install via the OpenWrt package system and still use all available functionality.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.