Me and my WRT1900ACSv2 Thank you!

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

charlesmouse

Me and my WRT1900ACSv2 Thank you!

Post by charlesmouse »

Hello to one and all, seasons greetings and all that.

I just wanted to post a thanks to the Gargoyle devs for all their hard work and their excellent firmware.

A bit over a year ago I killed my previous router, running Gargoyle, by being a bit too free and easy with the hardware mods. Ho-hum.
A WRT1900ACSv2 later and I thought I'd give DD-WRT a go as while the stock firmware is fine I wanted a bit more control...
...after a few months of diving down that rabbit hole I've come to the conclusion DD-WRT is not the firmware for me. Great if your consider playing with your router to be a hobby, not so good if you just want a functional tool.
I just flashed Gargoyle to the router and got it set up in a jiff. I feel I've just found a long-lost pair of favourite slippers. Better yet they've turned out to be running shoes! Having just done a few tests my router's rather disappointing performance has been utterly transformed. Oh, and my wife + daughter have stopped moaning about the flaky connection their Apple devices have been experiencing.

Thank you again.
Happy Christmas!

ispyisail

Re: Me and my WRT1900ACSv2 Thank you!

Post by ispyisail »

+1