AC1900 using 1.12 - Help I cannot do anything!!

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

chadycom

AC1900 using 1.12 - Help I cannot do anything!!

Post by chadycom »

Hello,

After having overheating issues with version 1.11, I upgraded to 1.12 several months back. Overheating problem solved but I was experiencing speed issues so i decided to go back to stock.

When I access my router, i see this message in red "Router storage full (read only) or is mounted in volatile storage (RAM). It will not function correctly, or will revert to a previous state after rebooting. Restore default configuration or flash new firmware (without preserving settings)."

I cannot restore backed up configurations. i cannot flash, i cannot add USB to extend strorage. i cannot do anything!!!

Reset, 30/30/30 reset nothing works.
can anyone help me? I have no additional modules installed. nothing beyond the default

Lantis

Re: AC1900 using 1.12 - Help I cannot do anything!!

Post by Lantis »

Have you followed the failsafe procedure for your router?
"30/30/30 reset" does nothing.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

chadycom

Post by chadycom »

Thanks Lantis, always a life saver.
I followed the failsafe and got the full storage problem sorted. so i am back on 1.12 and i managed to do a full config reset.

I wish to go back to the initial wrt1900ac stock firmware.
i downloaded the correct version from the link you shared but each time i try to do the upgrade, it just stays there upgrading and nothing happens.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Try it from the command line and see if it gives any more verbose output.
sysupgrade -n -v /path/to/upgradefile.img
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

chadycom

Post by chadycom »

ok so after several tries using putty and winscp and using the sysupgrade from command line, lots of tries the best thing i was able to achieve is to fall back to 1.11 version.
at some point i thought i had my router bricked. failsafe wouldnt work, nothing worked but at at some point i press the reset for 15 secs, then am back with access to it and the version was 1.11.
I just need to go back to stock, not sure what would be a solution. thanks

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

The sysupgrade command line should tell you why it is failing.

chadycom

Post by chadycom »

Image check 'fwtool_check_image' failed.

obviously my previous big mistake was using -f to force the upgrade :(
now without it, at least i can see why.
the original firmware i downloaded from linksys is the correct one for V1 1900AC and goes under the name FW_WRT1900AC_1.1.10.187766_prod.img

I tried to download the stock from the list you have but I seem to have the same issue
if i try to flash from the gargoyle page, it just stays on upgrading and Please Wait While Settings Are Applied for ever. i hope this has nothing to do with me having 1.11 on 1st partition and 1.12 on 2nd partition :D :D

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I don't really understand where you are stuck.
To go back to an OEM image, you must force flash via the command line.
sysupgrade -n -F -v OEM.img

Is that not working?

chadycom

Post by chadycom »

Thank you for the help.
Yes you are right. I tried to Forcing option. I get stuck at a message like "please wait while settings are applied" and it just keeps rolling forever, in the meanwhile, the router continues to work normally.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Can you please copy and paste the exact command and its output (and a screenshot as well) you are running from the command line? From memory, there's no such error message on the command line.