DNSpooq

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

discomBOBulate

DNSpooq

Post by discomBOBulate »

Let me begin by saying thank you to everyone involved in the effort of making, testing, and maintaining Gargoyle for people like me to use.

My question is will a new version using 19.0x with the new dnsmasq version be released soon?

Archer c7 v2 on 1.12 now, read about migrations but don't know how.

Not sure what to do.

Lantis

Re: DNSpooq

Post by Lantis »

If you're comfortable using one of the test builds, that would contain the fixes.
Otherwise I don't have a timeline for an official release sorry.

Which part of the mitigation instructions are you uncomfortable with? You just need to run the commands in order.
Are you struggling with where to start?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8505
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

discomBOBulate

Post by discomBOBulate »

I really have zero clue where to start. Read the post to mitigating but don't even know where to enter that info.

Test builds could be an option, I assume they might cause problems.

At 62 yrs old my skill set is very limited, and zero in Linux. I would like to help, but my lack of knowledge maybe more of a hindrance than a benefit. Where will I find the test builds and do you have any suggested reading to get the basics.

Lets see if this old dog can learn a few new tricks.
Last edited by discomBOBulate on Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

discomBOBulate

Post by discomBOBulate »

Okay, your link has given me the courage and a little knowledge to go forward with an experimental build.
Got WinSCP installed, logged in, looked around and not as scary as I had feared.

Here are my thoughts
Patch my current version, create a backup to use as a fall back of a working version.

Install latest test build, test, and whatever else you may need. Where will I find the test builds?

If things really get f'd up re-flash my patched back up

Does this make sense?
Last edited by discomBOBulate on Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Sounds reasonable to me.

Only problem is, I don't think any community builds have come out with the fixes you're after yet.
They're all posted in the Show and Tell forum.

For now, I'd just run the mitigation on your current device :)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

discomBOBulate

Post by discomBOBulate »

That does change things. Mitigation it is.
Thanks for your help and patience.