Restriction Question

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Steve.Brown14

Restriction Question

Post by Steve.Brown14 »

I've been using Gargoyle for quite awhile, but have only recently began looking deeper into some functions.

I have created a reservation for a particular device using its MAC address, and applied a quota to that IP. However, it appears as if the user has put in a different static IP and therefore not being affected by the quota. I don't want to try and chase the user as they use different IPs and was wondering if using the "Restrictions" function might help.

My thought was to create an "Access Restriction" for the MAC, but then create an "Exception" for the reserved IP. The thought being that is that the device will be get blocked if it uses anything other than the approved IP.

Would this work?

Lantis

Re: Restriction Question

Post by Lantis »

Probably... But testing it would tell you for sure.
It's about the order the rules are processed in.

From memory, white list entries process first, so your idea has merit. Try it and see :)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

fifonik

Re: Restriction Question

Post by fifonik »

They can assign static IP?
Have you ticked the " Enforce DHCP assignments" checkbox?