Which VPN providers work most easily with Gargoyle?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Spassfleisch

Which VPN providers work most easily with Gargoyle?

Post by Spassfleisch »

I've been a long-time customer of Private Internet Access, and it appears as though PIA is a difficult VPN service to get working with Gargoyle. This has to do with PIA not providing a TLS.Key which results in a huge headache.

I wouldn't consider myself a loyal customer and would gladly switch to another VPN service, as long as configuration is easy. Ideally, I'd like use the feature to upload the configuration files directly.

For those of you who've had a trouble free VPN experience with Gargoyle, which VPN providers work best for you?

Lantis

Re: Which VPN providers work most easily with Gargoyle?

Post by Lantis »

Have you checked out these manual instructions for making PIA work with Gargoyle?
viewtopic.php?p=45410#p45410

There are no commercial VPN providers that work with the Gargoyle GUI out of the box. It's just not a supported feature at this stage.
All of the underlying software is there required to make it work, but it is not setup to be easily configured.

I do intend to eventually support this, but i've been busy working on other features.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.