Throttle Bandwidth / Bandwidth Sharing

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

sajjadhalai

Re: Throttle Bandwidth / Bandwidth Sharing

Post by sajjadhalai »

i want to throtle bandwidth to 400kbps at quota 1gb ..again if quota reaches to 2GB i want to throtlle it at 200kbps. and after quota of 3gb it will have no access.
any solution PLZ:: i mean if throttle is selected then it must have next limit ...
what to do. any suggestion
Last edited by sajjadhalai on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

rfdude

Re: Throttle Bandwidth / Bandwidth Sharing

Post by rfdude »

I just re-read the posts and realized that some clarification is required. You do NOT have to create a bunch of static IP and map MAC to enforce individual quota's. That would be way too much effort. I've been using Gargoyle for a couple years at a not-for-profit CAMP along with QoS to cause that IP connection to slow down to 100kbs once the quota is exceeded. All bw/quota limited clients are DHCP. They get individually throttled when they exceed their individual quota. As stated earlier, I try to allocate weekday and weekend quota's so we stay under 10Gb for the month. IF the 10Gb for the entire camp is exceeded, then everyone gets throttled to 100kbs.
Active Quota Illustration
Active Quota Illustration
Active Quota.png (111.42 KiB) Viewed 2993 times
This quota system is the most powerful feature of Gargoyle! One feature suggestion: Keep the quota meter going beyond 100%, so the throttled continuation of services is added to the individuals total.
Quota Status Sample
Quota Status Sample
Active Quota Show.png (88.93 KiB) Viewed 2993 times
I'm also testing open-mesh at the site. Half the camp is using the open-mesh AP's. But to provide Gargoyle tracking, the OM routers are set up in BRIDGE mode.

Thank you to the developers for a great product! :D
rfdude
------------------
1.09.2 Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 -> 8 OpenMesh AP's
1.10.0 Archer C7 -> Multiple Cisco 1702i Autonomous Mode