gl.inet mt300n-v2 as LTE access point

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: gl.inet mt300n-v2 as LTE access point

Post by Lantis »

Depends which router and version you're using.
There are prebuilt ones here:
https://dl.eko.one.pl/gargoyle-pl/openw ... ages/<your package arch>/base/

Otherwise you would need to include it in a build.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Thats a bit sad

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

What router? Looks like those cover most routers.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

TP-Link C7 v2

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

mips_24kc should be right for you.

atrac

Post by atrac »

Hello,
I am here again, I think I solved my problem.
I got rid of the huawei LET usb stick, it was not working well.
I also own an old TP-LINK M7350 which is a LTE-wifi adapter. I initially discarded it because it was going in standby, but I found that there i a configuration flag to disable power saving.
Therefore, I am using gargoyle as an access point: it connects to the wifi, and I have wired to it a powerline modem. All this setup is in the cellar, where the guest have no access. In the apartment there is the other end of the powerline modem with a wifi and this is the end-point for the guest connection. They will know nothing about the gargoyle (except the webpage for the quota). I have tested the whole installation and it works well. I am going to put in a webcam so I can monitor it for some time to check that it is stable (I do not rent in winter).

Now, that said, I still miss one thing: for debugging, how do I connect to the gargoyle and check if the network is up? I mean, if internet does not work, how do I debug the thing? Just by ssh-ing and pinging around or there is a better way? It would be nice to have some status that shows internet connection (maybe I missed it).
An idea, for example, is also to add a dynamic dns in order to ping it from home just to know that it is alive... of course in case of serious problem I have to go there, there is no much that I can do remotely.

Moreover: I have developed a small part in addition to the script that sets quota (see the post "Daily quota based on remaining monthly quota") in the case, like mine, where the ISP resets the subscription the same day of the month and not every 28 days.

If you think it is useful I can post it in that thread, but I do not know two things:
- as it is licensed as gpl, can I just modify it and add my name in the section I modified?
- the script still needs some tuning: I do not know what happens if the subscription renews after the 28th (there are months with no 29, 30 or 31). Still need some testing, if anyone is willing to test it I can post as it is.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Good news

Huawei E3372 4G LTE USB Modem works out of the box with

1.11.x

Just plug it in and it works

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Bad news is The "3ginfo" project doesn't seam to work on my C7 v2

well it kind of works

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Just for others following

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Cool to know. I expect the missing parameters just aren't set up for your stick or require it to be in a more low level mode (sometimes called stick firmware instead of hilink)
I'll have a look at some point, but cezary may comment sooner.