Web cafe to display current usage without root access

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

psagers

Web cafe to display current usage without root access

Post by psagers »

I'm new to Gargoyle, so I don't know how hard this is or if it's possible, but could read-execute permissions be placed on one or two of the web interface pages where someone in our home could use a direct URL to current usage statistics to see if they need to pace themselves before they hit their quota for the day? Are their other built in accounts with 'less' access that lay hidden in the code?
I suppose as a consumer most of the time they would just hit a URL for a few seconds just to check on their total. They would already know what their allowance for the day is, so I don't think it would need to be feature rich or much of anything except a formatted number perhaps.
Just a way that they don't have to pester me and I don't have to give them root access and navigate to their information.

Lantis

Re: Web cafe to display current usage without root access

Post by Lantis »

If a device is governed by a quota and that device visits the Gargoyle login page, their current usage will be displayed to them without needing to login.

There is no non privileged user access to the web ui available so if you needed them to see more details then you're a bit stuck
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

psagers

Re: Web cafe to display current usage without root access

Post by psagers »

Thank you, I had everyone but myself with a quota so I wasn't aware. I think they can live with that, I know I can.