Wifi frequently dropping out - Gargoyle 1.11

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

aisling13

Wifi frequently dropping out - Gargoyle 1.11

Post by aisling13 »

I have recently installed Gargoyle 1.11 on a TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND V4 router and suffered frequent Wifi drop outs when using it as gateway to an EE 4G router. I tried all the tricks I could find to resolve the issue but I was lucky that on both a laptop and a desktop PC I had USB Wifi adapters that could be interchanged. The outcome is that I found the USB Wifi adapter on the PC which worked fine when connected to the EE router but dropped the Wifi connection to the Gargoyle router wthin minutes of being connected. The laptop with an older USB Wifi adapter worked perfectly when connected to either the Gargoyle or the EE routers. Substituting another USB WiFi adapter for the one on the PC cured the issue. The lesson seems to be that Gargoyle is more sensitive to the Wifi hardware than the EE router. So if you have a similar problem consider changing your WiFi adapter - the one I use successfully costs just a few £s, well worth it if it overcomes the issue like it did for me.

ispyisail

Re: Wifi frequently dropping out - Gargoyle 1.11

Post by ispyisail »

Thanks for the report