Gargoyle with 4G EE LTE wireless broadband

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

joelm335

Gargoyle with 4G EE LTE wireless broadband

Post by joelm335 »

Gargoyle has been working flawlessly for 18 months on a Satellite broadband system in a rental property. We want to upgrade to LTE broadband (4G wirelessj through a new EE mast. I tried plugging the ethernet cable from the Gargoyle router into the LAN port on the 4G EE router but get no internet connection via the Gargoyle router. EE are unhelpful. Do I need to reconfigure either the EE or Gargoyle routers?

EE Alcatel
WNDR 3700 Gargoyle 1.8

ispyisail

Re: Gargoyle with 4G EE LTE wireless broadband

Post by ispyisail »

Should work with no problems

We need to see some screen shots

Sometimes the upstream device (usually ISP owned equipment) is looking for the correct MAC address?

But we really need to see some screen shots to see whats going on

joelm335

Post by joelm335 »

Screenshots of Gargoyle router or LTE? Which screens? I am not getting any error messages on Gargoyle. Just no internet.

Will have to till mid week as we have guests in the Lodge

Thanks

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

Was the connection on the gargoyle router to the satellite router set to dhcp? If not have you rest it to this for the EE router?

Do you see an IP address on the wan connection of the gargoyle router in the status screen?

If you plug a pc directly into the EE router do you get a connection?

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

One other thing - looks like the default ip range of the EE router is 192.168.1.1 . You’ll need to change you gargoyle router ip if this is the same currently. Try 192.168.2.1 if so.

joelm335

Post by joelm335 »

Thanks for the suggestions. Gargoyle router connection is set to DHCP. EE default IP range is 192.168.1.1. Would that cause a conflict? I will change LAN range on the Gargoyle router as soon as the property is unoccupied. Will also check status screen on Gargoyle for IP address.

I didn't try connecting a PC to this LTE router, but I just installed an identical EE router at home (no quotas so no Gargoyle needed) and a PC will connect to that through the LAN port. I also I have a TP-Link "through the mains" extender connected at home and that works fine, so the LAN port(s) should be functional.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Yes they must be on separate subnets. I think this will fix your issue.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

joelm335

Post by joelm335 »

Can get access tonight.

Should I set the Router IP to 192.168.2.1 and the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 ? Or should I pick a completely different router IP and subnet e.g. 10.0.0.1 and 255.0.0.0 ?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Either of those is fine. It’s personal preference.
For smaller networks I tend to stick in the 192 range.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

joelm335

Post by joelm335 »

Changing it to 192.168.2.1 sorted it. Thanks everyone!