In the market for a new router for upgraded net.

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

GargoyleNoob

In the market for a new router for upgraded net.

Post by GargoyleNoob »

I'm a gamer. I have an edgerouter X that is connected to a TPL-gb switch and that switch is connected to my old WDR4300 to feed a wifi signal throughout my home. I'm looking to minimize wiring and drop down to a single router in my den that has a CPU strong enough to support my 400/20 speeds and won't break the bank. The wifi performance doesn't need to be excellent since most of my wifi-connected devices are well within range of a good signal and worst case, I'll just configure my 4300 as a repeater.

Edit: I can get a Netgear WNDR3800 from my ISP. Not sure if it supports my speeds with Gargoyle though.

ispyisail

Re: In the market for a new router for upgraded net.

Post by ispyisail »

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

For those speeds you’ll need to open your wallet. The WNDR3800 will top out around 75mbps
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

GargoyleNoob

Post by GargoyleNoob »

Sheesh, that's a heartbreaker...Guess it'll be my Christmas present to myself lol. Thanks.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

You may not need to go as far as WRT32X, but in that family and around those specs is where you want to look.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

GargoyleNoob

Post by GargoyleNoob »

Heard that. Thanks for the info