Fastest Router for Gargoyle?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

ng3700v2

Fastest Router for Gargoyle?

Post by ng3700v2 »

I've been running gargoyle on a Netgear WNDR3700v2 for over a decade and have been more than happy with it. However, I now have 400/20 internet and the Netgear/Gargoyle setup can't keep up. Even when I had 100/10 internet, I noticed the router CPU would be pegged at 100% during a speedtest and the admin-interface would be extremely sluggish. I recently bought one of the TMobile (rebadged ASUS) AC1900 routers and flashed it with Merlin. While there are many features available in Merlin, I still heavily prefer the gargoyle interface.

Are there any routers that currently support Gargoyle and are fast enough to handle 400+mbps internet speeds?

Thanks!

Lantis

Re: Fastest Router for Gargoyle?

Post by Lantis »

Most of the WRT Ac series
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ninderrycomp

Re: Fastest Router for Gargoyle?

Post by ninderrycomp »

Is it possible to run Gargoyle in a virtual machine of sorts? I can imagine that given X86 hardware it would be pretty quick. Gargoyle still has some of the best monitoring and QOS features, simple yet powerful.