Thanks to the devs

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

kernels

Thanks to the devs

Post by kernels »

Just a quick message to say thanks to the devs who put their own time into creating this firmware. I'm amazed at how it is impossible to get some of what I would think would be fairly basic functionality in a consumer priced router.

If you guys want to add a $5 or $10 donation option to the store I would be happy to contribute a few dollars for coffees.

ispyisail

Re: Thanks to the devs

Post by ispyisail »

kernels

Post by kernels »

Was waiting for a router I bought online to install Gargoyle for my home use when it occurred to me to have a look in my old junk pc box!

Couldn't believe I had an old TL-WR841ND V11 all along! Installing Gargoyle was trivial, the only catch was that my DHCP from WAN was on the 192.168.1.x subnet, the Lan was also set by default to be on the 192.168.1.x subnet, so the internet wouldn't work on the connected clients. Luckily it didn't take too long to figure this out!

Anyway, long story short, just sent 0.001 BTC to you guys, not much, but half a pizza is better than no pizza.

I will keep sending BTC for every router I upgrade.

Thanks again, this is amazing

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Please do feed the developer:

Donations -> High Quality Pizza -> High Quality Code

True. :lol:
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1