Does Gargoyle GL-AR150 work with ATT 5268AC?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

joelle76

Does Gargoyle GL-AR150 work with ATT 5268AC?

Post by joelle76 »

Good day! I'm a 42 year old step-mother who needs assistance limiting step-children's internet usage on rural ATT Fixed Wireless Internet. I have a 15 year old IT (general) degree - I know some things - not afraid to research! Just wondering if the GL-AR150 will work with our new ATT 5258AC Router - we live in a very rural area and the kids are EATING my bandwidth alive! With school soon closing for summer - I need a lil assistance! Any suggestions greatly appreciated! :mrgreen: :geek:

Lantis

Re: Does Gargoyle GL-AR150 work with ATT 5268AC?

Post by Lantis »

I can’t find much information on this device, however the simplest method to get it to work is to use Gargoyle in DHCP Wired with the LAN on a different subnet to the LAN of the 5258AC.

Gargoyle will then sit between your ATT router and your devices and perform its role there.
This will result in double NAT if that is important to you to avoid? It doesn’t bother some users.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

porkypete

Post by porkypete »

I have done similar with a satellite router and the AR150 behind that. Not sure if it is the double NAT or some other applied filter, but the only thing that is an issue is accessing the ISP admin/monitoring page - when needed I plug a PC directly into the ISP router temporarily. All other internet traffic is perfect.

One other consideration is the wifi range. I have the AR150 with only an internal antenna. The one here in the shop has an external antenna and is likely to have a better range. I just use another high power ubiquiti AP, because it is all in a very large brick house....

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Use Gargoyle with an existing Modem (Cable/DSL/Satellite/3G/4G)

If you want to avoid double NAT and you're able to put your ISP modem router into "Bridge Mode", while still being to access it through the Gargoyle router, this tutorial is probably the way to go.
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1