[TP-Link Archer C7 v2] There's a way to transform one port LAN in WAN?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

EvertonSSJ4

[TP-Link Archer C7 v2] There's a way to transform one port LAN in WAN?

Post by EvertonSSJ4 »

Hello, i have a Archer C7 Router with Gargoyle firmware working wonderful, the router makes pppoe because my modem is bridge mode (i prefer this way because ai have total control of the rules and ports i have oppened on C7).

I will put another internet link in my house (today in my house i have a 50MB ADSL), the new link will be 120MB, insteady to buy a new Router, i want to know if there’s a way to transform one of the ports LAN in WAN and put this transformed port making ppoe authentication?

With that i will have 2 wan ports in my router archer C7 and both ports will make pppoe for distincts internet operators instead to buy a new switch / router.
I prefer this way because i love how the Gargoyle FW makes my C7 a bether router.
Theres a way to do that? And if theres a way, i will have the control of the 2 links (put the 2 links works together (120 + 50) and one assumes the navegation if the other is down, automactly)?

Thanks for the help. :D
TP-Link TL-WR941ND
TP-Link Archer C7

Lantis

Re: [TP-Link Archer C7 v2] There's a way to transform one port LAN in WAN?

Post by Lantis »

Creating a second WAN port is reasonably trivial, there’s plenty of tutorials and documentation for Openwrt.

The second part of your question would be best handled by a package called “mwan3”. I don’t know if this package allows aggregated WAN, but failover definitely works.

This package is not supported by Gargoyle so your mileage may vary. It might work fine or it might not work at all. Or somewhere between.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

EvertonSSJ4

Re: [TP-Link Archer C7 v2] There's a way to transform one port LAN in WAN?

Post by EvertonSSJ4 »

Lantis wrote:Creating a second WAN port is reasonably trivial, there’s plenty of tutorials and documentation for Openwrt.

The second part of your question would be best handled by a package called “mwan3”. I don’t know if this package allows aggregated WAN, but failover definitely works.

This package is not supported by Gargoyle so your mileage may vary. It might work fine or it might not work at all. Or somewhere between.
Thanks for the answers, i think it’is better i buy a router, in that case the TL-ER5120 will supply what i need.
With that router i will be able to put the two internet links in authentication pppoe, both working toghter and one cover the navegation if another is down, in native and automactly way. I will let my C7 maneging the ports and conections in my home.

I hope and pray for one day be made and launched a gargoyle firmware to this TL-ER5120 hahaha.
Thanks for all and for this Gargoyle FW that i love so much.
TP-Link TL-WR941ND
TP-Link Archer C7