wrt1900ACS (ACS v.2)

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

oliver44

Re: wrt1900ACS (AC v.2)

Post by oliver44 »

Hello again,

@Lantis, i installed the latest version of Gargoyle 1.11.0 Release Candidate 5 on the WR1900 ACS V2.
Internet Conection PPPoE IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack, connection speed 1Gbps.
http://s.go.ro/j7i1jwyi
I encounter a problem, not long time after i installed the software i'm doing a test in speed test and get the following values, we can investigate the problem?
http://s.go.ro/wb4jccqy
On the Wireless Channel (5GHz) we only have the following channels available: 36 52 100 116 132, i would like to have access to channel 44, 46....
How can i install WiFi Schedule and adblock on Gargoyle firmware ?
wdr3600 rev1.4 OpenWrt
wrt1900ACS v.2 OpenWrt/DD-WRT
GL-MT6000 OpenWrt/Gargoyle

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

That looks about right for what you can route. I think I tested the V1 at 800mbps maximum but only in a single direction.
If you turn on QoS it will reduce much further, so if your connection is ok without it, I would recommend not for now.

There’s not much we can do to speed it up, it’s CPU limited.

Speedtests of wifi are notoriously bad, and I’m not willing to debug them over the internet sorry. There’s so much that could be going on in your local environment.

That list of channels looks like you have it set to 80MHz channel width and is correct. The in between channels are only available at lower bandwidths.
Obviously at 80MHz you will be bonded across those channels, but you don’t select them from the interface, if that makes sense.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

oliver44

Post by oliver44 »

Lantis wrote:That looks about right for what you can route. I think I tested the V1 at 800mbps maximum but only in a single direction.
If you turn on QoS it will reduce much further, so if your connection is ok without it, I would recommend not for now.

There’s not much we can do to speed it up, it’s CPU limited.

Speedtests of wifi are notoriously bad, and I’m not willing to debug them over the internet sorry. There’s so much that could be going on in your local environment.

That list of channels looks like you have it set to 80MHz channel width and is correct. The in between channels are only available at lower bandwidths.
Obviously at 80MHz you will be bonded across those channels, but you don’t select them from the interface, if that makes sense.
I do not understand why Gargoyle limits processor power to wrt1900acs v2, with Openwrt not encountering this problem?!
Why at first when the Gargoyle software is freshly installed it reaches the 930Mbps gigabit speed,and only after that he does not pass 670Mbps?!
I think the limitation is from the Gargoyle.
wdr3600 rev1.4 OpenWrt

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Gargoyle has a built in bandwidth monitor which takes up some processing power. This is well documented.
Why your link is slowing down over time, i do not know.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

oliver44

Post by oliver44 »

Hello all,

I'm glad I can come back with opinions on the latest version of Gargoyle 1.11.0.x gargoyle-ispy 2019-September-21 11.
As you know I'm using the following router from linksys wrt1900acs v2 with a connection PPPoE IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack, connection speed 1Gbp. :D

I think I found the problem of the cause I mentioned in the previous versions, namely the speed decrease in speedt test after configuring the Gargoyle software :!:
in the first phase I will also do the demonstration in images, after configuring the PPPoE connection I did the first test speed test, i reached the maximum speed offered by my provider.
After I switched to Wireless configuration I followed another speed test, download speed on the lan side went down.
After I came back with Wireless mode in inactive mode , the speed in speed test returned to normal! :D
http://s.go.ro/ml4fro8q
wdr3600 rev1.4 OpenWrt

oliver44

Re: wrt1900ACS (ACS v.2)

Post by oliver44 »

Hello all,
wrt1900acs v2 works well with the latest gargoyle variant
View first unread post 1.11.0.x gargoyle-ispy 2019-October-09 18.
It seems that if you disable the bandwidth monitor, the speed on the Ethernet side can reach 930Mbps :!:

http://s.go.ro/fmi7gpuq
wdr3600 rev1.4 OpenWrt

Wahroonga Farm

Post by Wahroonga Farm »

Lantis wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:31 am
Going from LEDE to Gargoyle you will need to use the command line to force the sysupgrade (do not preserve settings).
Sorry for opening up an old thread.

I appear to have a Linksys WRT1900ACS. Version ... no idea?

I'm scratching my head re an upgrade to Gargoyle latest

Is this what I should see when flashing from Factory Linksys to Gargoyle (factory)

And then tick 'force upgrade'?

Thanks

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Is that what the factory Linksys interface looks like these days? Looks more like OpenWrt.

Anyway, if that's the case, yes. From Linksys factory you need to flash Gargoyle factory.
There are some cases where you need to force flash. When doing this you need to be sure you have the right file.

Wahroonga Farm

Post by Wahroonga Farm »

Yes, it's pure OpenWRT.

That's not at all what I expected; fresh out of what appears to be a factory sealed box???

All rather bizarre. The things you find on eBay? :shock:

Ah, I only just noticed that the router sticker (underneath) 'says' WRT1900ACSV2.

Both of the partitions have OpenWRT Snapshot loaded, so somehow it's been tinkered with ... it seems?

So what do I use ... factory or the upgrade?

I will have to force flash ... whichever image.

gargoyle_1.12.0-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys-wrt1900acs-squashfs-factory.img

or

gargoyle_1.12.0-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys-wrt1900acs-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

This is the rather angry looking screen if I load the sysupgrade image ...

Note: The Linksys factory image has the same sad outcome?

FW_WRT1900ACSV2_2.0.3.201002_prod.img

Firmwares:

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

If you're already on OpenWrt, you need to use sysupgrade.
Yes, you will still need to force depending on what version you're coming/going to/from.
It's just a peculiarity of the upgrade system and some upstream changes to the naming of the device.

No factory devices came with OpenWrt like that, particularly not with the advanced reboot plugin pre-installed.
You've got a device which has been at least opened and flashed.