purchase gargoyle pocket router

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

MIZIO

purchase gargoyle pocket router

Post by MIZIO »

Can the router with gargoyle firmware pre-installed for sale on your online shop be purchased only in the United States or worldwide?

Lantis

Re: purchase gargoyle pocket router

Post by Lantis »

Please send a private message to forum user “Eric” to ask about your country specifically.
I think he will ship to some countries but not all.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Hi Lantis, do you know why the Gargoyle store here is only selling the pocket router? At 400Mhz cpu and single 2.4Ghz antenna, its spec seems far too low.

I know the TPLink TL-WR1043ND used to be sold there but not anymore. For the TL-WR1043ND, I know the most likely reason is because the current model of TL-WR1043ND aren't supported by Openwrt/Gargoyle at the moment but it could be replaced by other routers, e.g. the Linksys?
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I think he had an Archer C7 on there for a little while recently as well? Replaced the WR1043. I might be misremembering that.

Not that i speak for him, but if i had to guess, he may be pulling the routers off while he works on 1.11.0 to make sure they are fully supported for the future.
But if you want it straight from the horses mouth you'd have to check with Eric. I'm sure he'll spot this thread at some point.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

My guess is, sales are greater with the cheaper router

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

ispyisail wrote:My guess is, sales are greater with the cheaper router
Well, I have been selling Gargoyle routers in Australia and no one buy the more expensive models yet.

The problem with the pocket gargoyle router is delivery could possibly cost the same or more than the router itself which is valued at US$24.99 at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/GL-AR150-Convert ... B015CYDVG8

Interestingly, I have not noticed anyone complaining here that the pocket router is too slow for their internet connection yet. That could mean there are substantially less users using the gargoyle pocket router than the other popular models...

Anyway, I have message Eric via PM. I guess that is the best way to contact him?
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.