Router always rebooting

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

darrepac

Router always rebooting

Post by darrepac »

Hi,

My TP Link WR841 V10 was working well with Gargoyle 1.9.1 since several months. Rock Solid.
But yesterday, internet connection was constantly dropping every 30sec - 1min. After quick check, it is the router that is rebooting every 30sec - 1min.
I deactivate WiFi => the same
I updated succesfully to 1.9.2 => the same
In fact once I connect the WAN port of the router to internet (=to my ISP provider box), it reboots every 30sec - 1min or so. If I do not connect WAN port to internet, the router is not rebooting at all. Deactivating WiFi is not helping: the same happen to my ethernet network.

I am lost and have no idea why it could happen, neither what more to test. Any hint?

thx!

Lantis

Re: Router always rebooting

Post by Lantis »

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10912&hilit=Time+warp

Let’s do the time warp again... 8-)
If you can’t follow the fix instructions please post back and we can work further.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

darrepac

Post by darrepac »

it works!
Many thanks

darrepac

Post by darrepac »

About 1 montg after, I got the problem again...
Is there a way tobget rid of this?

Thanks

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I haven't discovered exactly what causes the issue.
Until someone can figure that out, i can't debug it.

I had a theory that Daylight Savings might be a major cause
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.