Gargoyle proxy agent and adblock.

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

keychi

Gargoyle proxy agent and adblock.

Post by keychi »

Hello Everybody...

Since I installed adblock (a few years ago) I was happy to see that almost 90% of ads have disappeared from my browsers and devices.

However, the appetite is growing. When I entered a proxy address for anonymity in my browser. Adblock script in router does not block ads. They became invisible.

I was looking for a gargoyle script regarding proxy but there are only servers (tiny, etc). There is nothing script only for router.

I have idea
--- Device (laptop) gives a call to the router np www.yahoo.com => Router connects to an external proxy (blabla.com:8080) => adblock gargoyle filters ads => www is filtered, deprived of ads, changed IP with proxy

I tried the polipo script when there is an external proxy option but does not get along with adblock.
TP-LINK WDR-4300 (main router) - 1.9.2 Gargoyle
TP-LINK WR743ND in garage - 1.9.2 gargoyle
And many Chinese LB-LINK Repeater's another location

ispyisail

Re: Gargoyle proxy agent and adblock.

Post by ispyisail »

bump

@Lantis?

Lantis

Re: Gargoyle proxy agent and adblock.

Post by Lantis »

Can’t be done with the current Adblock.
It would need a transparent proxy on Gargoyle which is just not going to run fast enough on a router.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.