Note sure which file to download / install TD-W8970 v1.2

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Edweirdo

Note sure which file to download / install TD-W8970 v1.2

Post by Edweirdo »

Hello,

I have a TP-LINK TD-W8970 v1.2. OpenWrt says it's supported, but its architecture is Atheros AR9381. Which file am I supposed to download/install?

Appreciate the help!

Lantis

Re: Note sure which file to download / install TD-W8970 v1.2

Post by Lantis »

Gargoyle does not support any modem/router combo devices.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Edweirdo

Post by Edweirdo »

First, thanks for replying, but forgive the ignorance, I'm not quite sure I understand. Are you saying that all the routers that are supported are only routers and not also modems as well? Aren't some of the routers mentioned that are supported by Gargoyle also modems as well?

Thanks again

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

That is indeed what I am saying.

If you find an exception to this rule (there won't be many), the modem will not function. It will only operate as a router.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Edweirdo

Post by Edweirdo »

Okay, fair enough. Looks like I'll have to purchase a supported router to configure it instead.

Thanks again