When to support Lede?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

liveup

When to support Lede?

Post by liveup »

Lede supports more devices. Look forward to the Gargoyle based on Lede

tapper

Re: When to support Lede?

Post by tapper »

+1 but it takes a long time to move gargoyle over to a new base. Gargoyle is more than just a nice GUI. Lots of the things that make Gargoyle so good have to be hooked in to the kernel.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

At this stage LEDE and OpenWRT are still set to re-merge.

Due to the length and complexity of the task of:
- updating to the latest kernel and changes
AND
- updating to new infrastructure
At the same time... it makes sense to wait for the re-merge to occur and the dust to settle. This would allow minimal build system changes.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

rseiler

Post by rseiler »

They are?! What will it be called? I missed that news.

It's amazing to me that the splinter group LEDE would have spent a year or two breaking away only to fall back, so maybe they're the ones who will be doing the absorbing.

BTW, have you learned anything definitive about flashing back to Gargoyle from LEDE? I hate to roll the dice with either method, since I really don't want to brick things unnecessarily. I suppose I could go from LEDE->OpenWRT->Gargoyle, but that's a little silly.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

To get information about this stuff you need to be subscribed to the LEDE-ADM mailing list (adm = admin I believe).

You can browse the mailing list archives as well.

There have been many talks and some sort of agreement has been reached. It sounded like it was all decided however the last posts I've read cast a small amount of doubt there.
I still think it is on course to occur (especially now that the release is done).

No new info, but I believe that a forced sysupgrade (-F) without preserving settings is all that will be required.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.