Ping Spiking to 800ms because of ACC QoS (Need Help)

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Diz

Ping Spiking to 800ms because of ACC QoS (Need Help)

Post by Diz »

I'm having a problem with ACC, When it goes from "IDLE" to "MinRTT" It causes massive ping spike which causes my games ping spike up extremely high. Is there anyway to countering/fixing this?
Last edited by Diz on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linksys WRT1200ac on 1.9.X

Lantis

Re: Ping Spiking to 800ms because of ACC QoS (Need Help)

Post by Lantis »

Can you please post all of your QOS settings as screenshots for both up and download?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Diz

Post by Diz »

Lantis wrote:Can you please post all of your QOS settings as screenshots for both up and download?
Download:
http://imgur.com/a/uA1uh

Upload:
http://imgur.com/a/7ThUG

The Isaac Classes are for my friend's PS4 and he doesn't online games just watches YT Videos mostly . I use the "uGaming" And "Gaming" and "Meekah" is my PC which i don't playing any online games on. The "Gaming" Classes are for my PS4 which is all i play online games on.

Edit:

My New Revised Download settings: http://imgur.com/a/q7rkx

My New Revised Upload settings: http://imgur.com/a/adZPo
Last edited by Diz on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Several things spring to mind
1. Your rules are vastly over complicated and do nothing.
You have a dozen specific rules putting all traffic to device 101 into the gaming class, and then a blanket rule which captures all traffic to that device putting it in the same class.
So, either fix those rules, or get rid of them and just use the last one.
As a result of the above it is very possible you are causing your own lag.
Qos only works if you are specific.
2. You have very little upload speed. Make sure you set realistic expectations.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

In principle there should be no additional lag in an minRTT class caused by a transition from Active to minRTT mode. This has never been claimed by any user in the past on this forum to my knowledge. This means you have to do extra work to prove this is in fact the case.

In your report you said this switch caused you lag in your game. This leads me to believe that you are not already in minRTT mode while playing your game. This is important, while gaming you should remain always in minRTT mode and switching should not occur. So check into keeping minRTT mode active while gaming.

The other thing you might try is to remove all traffic from the minRTT class except your game. It is important that the traffic always stays below your stated minBW. Any spike above this limit will cause the whole class to lag. It seems likely to me that there is some burst of traffic going into the minRTT class you have that you are not aware of. This would cause lag and why I suggest you reduce the number of rules feeding into this class to limit the suspects. Once you reach a stable situation you can add them back one at a time to find the culprit.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

Diz

Post by Diz »

pbix wrote:In principle there should be no additional lag in an minRTT class caused by a transition from Active to minRTT mode. This has never been claimed by any user in the past on this forum to my knowledge. This means you have to do extra work to prove this is in fact the case.

In your report you said this switch caused you lag in your game. This leads me to believe that you are not already in minRTT mode while playing your game. This is important, while gaming you should remain always in minRTT mode and switching should not occur. So check into keeping minRTT mode active while gaming.

The other thing you might try is to remove all traffic from the minRTT class except your game. It is important that the traffic always stays below your stated minBW. Any spike above this limit will cause the whole class to lag. It seems likely to me that there is some burst of traffic going into the minRTT class you have that you are not aware of. This would cause lag and why I suggest you reduce the number of rules feeding into this class to limit the suspects. Once you reach a stable situation you can add them back one at a time to find the culprit.
Ok, so I only online game on my PS4 which is the only thing i have in the Class that has MinRTT Turned on, but when I play Call of Duty it's not always in "MinRTT" Mode when i look at the ACC. When I'm in a match I will look at the ACC and it will be in active mode even though I have "MinRTT" enabled in that class. The Ping spike only occurs when ACC goes from ACTIVE mode to MinRTT. Is there a way to always have MinRTT enabled when I have my PS4 turned on? Because as I stated before I only have my PS4 in the "gaming" class which is the only class that has "MinRTT" enabled.

Edit: I found a post on someone having the similar problem to what i'm having " viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4223 "

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

It seems your call of duty traffic is not classified into the minRTT class as you state. Check your connection list.

As proof of your claim please post a screen shot that shows your minRTT class above 4kbps and your ACC in Active mode.

The thread you referenced was about a transition from IDLE to ACTIVE. Not from Active -> minRTT as you mention.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM