APC UPS

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

adrian.samir

APC UPS

Post by adrian.samir »

Hi guys,

I've been looking all over the Internet for how to setup the DHCP in order for the APC UPS to work.
APC UPS had by default the DHCP cookie enabled and I know I could disable the cookie setting from the network card but I can't as it is a remote unit.

Please advise if you have the settings that need to go in the /etc/config/network or /etc/config/dhcp

I've been trying several options so far without success.
In both files specified I was adding the following lines in the lan section:

option vendorclass 'APC'
option vendor-encapsulated-options '010431415043’
option sendopts ‘0x2b:010431415043’

Yet, it didn't work.

Kindly help me out if you can.

Thank you.

ispyisail

Re: APC UPS

Post by ispyisail »

You might get a better answer for this question at OpenWRT?

adrian.samir

Post by adrian.samir »

Hi ispyisail,
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for this. I've seen some questions and answers regarding the APC UPS DHCP vendor option on OpenWrt but it is not working for Gargoyle. I was wondering if somebody managed to get it working. It would be great if somebody would share their findings.

I very much appreciate all the great work you guys are doing.

Regards,
Adrian

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

adrian.samir wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:35 pm
Hi ispyisail,
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for this. I've seen some questions and answers regarding the APC UPS DHCP vendor option on OpenWrt but it is not working for Gargoyle. I was wondering if somebody managed to get it working. It would be great if somebody would share their findings.

I very much appreciate all the great work you guys are doing.

Regards,
Adrian
In basic terms Gargoyle is just a GUI for Openwrt. If you use command line most Openwrt commands work.

Can you supply the openwrt page link regarding the APC UPS DHCP