Lantis wrote:Are you aware of the changes in how bridges are set up in 1.9.1?
Perhaps your config is not what it should be? And you are looking in the wrong place for the interface?
I have seen it mentioned that the bridge mode has changed. I haven't noticed anything that different in the web UI.
As I said, everything is working just fine on two routers, both bridged to a non-gargoyle AP. It is just the web server and SSH can't be accessed after some period of time. So it could be instability/bug or something I've done in setup or flash procedure.
On a somewhat related note I have one of the bridges setup to repeat the wireless network, but have manually tweaked the /etc/config/wireless file to use 2.4GHz for repeater AP and 5GHz for the bridge back to the main router. This doesn't appear to be possible in the web UI. DD-wrt and OpenWRT have separate sections/settings for 5GHz and 2.4GHz. This would be awesome for Gargoyle's bridge mode. At the moment it appears to relay only on the same radio that the bridge is on.
I have realised I did have the bridge IP set incorrectly. I did it the old way with the address inside the subnet of the main AP. Changing this made the interface accessible again.
If others have this problem you have a few options.
1. use DHCP reservations on the upstream device to move the IP of the bridged router then access it on the new address.
2. Turn off the upstream wifi and access the bridged router via wired connection with the IP set manual on the device you accessing with.
The bridging mode still works when you do it the old way, but accessing the bridged router must be broken due to the overlapping address / subnet.