Version 1.9.1

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: Version 1.9.1

Post by Lantis »

I don't remember. I know it's ok on 1.6.2.

You'd need to provide me a system log to have any hope of diagnosing the problem.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

rseiler

Post by rseiler »

eierfrucht wrote:Is Layer 7 OK on 1.8.1?

I just reproduced the issue without using Layer 7 filters. Just tossed in a couple of custom QoS rules matching on ports / ips, changed their order and after saving the changes, the router is stuck in a reboot loop again.
I'm not using either of your routers (rather, NETGEAR WNDRMACv2)--though I was just about to recommend 1.9.1 to someone with a c7v2--but I'm curious if you see the problem using the remarkably effective technique mentioned in the latter stages of this thread. I don't (with 1.9.1), but if you do, then it would seem to be a router-specific issue somehow. Given that you've seen this happen with two routers though, I'm guessing that you won't see the issue with this method for whatever reason.
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 2&start=10
eierfrucht wrote:P.S. Also 1.9.1 (both on Archer C7 and 1043ND V2) becomes unresponsive for a brief moment every few pings (doesn't forward traffic, time out instead of GUI) as long as there are wireless clients connected. If there are no wireless clients with open connections, the issue does not surface.
Are there any other symptoms? I didn't test forwarding, but did test the Gargoyle GUI (via a wired connection, which I assume is what you mean) quite a lot while someone else was on wifi concurrently, but I didn't see anything amiss. Is there anything else I can try? I can say that the wifi client wasn't doing all that much but did have open connections.

rseiler

Post by rseiler »

@Lantis, since he appears to be gone now, does the second issue that I quoted in the last post appear to be a general issue from what you've seen around here, particularly with the C7, or is that some kind of anomaly in his environment?

tapper

Post by tapper »

rseiler wrote:@Lantis, since he appears to be gone now, does the second issue that I quoted in the last post appear to be a general issue from what you've seen around here, particularly with the C7, or is that some kind of anomaly in his environment?
Hi mate i have the c7 v2 on 1.9.x and don't see any of that behaviour. I have a lot of wifi clients to about 17 including to wifi repeater bridges. I have QOS turned on up and down and about 3-4 ports forwarded. One bridge is on 2.4 GHZ and the other on 5GHZ. I all so have 3 PCS hard wired.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

rseiler

Post by rseiler »

That's excellent feedback, thanks, I'm going to go ahead with it. There would have been more posts if it was that primary a problem.

tapper

Post by tapper »

rseiler wrote:That's excellent feedback, thanks, I'm going to go ahead with it. There would have been more posts if it was that primary a problem.
Hi there here's how i have my QOS setup. This is my /etc/config/qos_gargoyle

config upload 'upload'
option default_class 'uclass_2'
option total_bandwidth '5000'

config download 'download'
option default_class 'dclass_2'
option qos_monenabled 'true'
option total_bandwidth '72000'
option ptarget_ip '194.168.8.100'
option pinglimit '45'

config download_class 'dclass_1'
option name 'Fast'
option percent_bandwidth '30'

config download_class 'dclass_2'
option name 'Normal'
option percent_bandwidth '70'

config download_rule 'download_rule_100'
option class 'dclass_1'
option test_order '100'
option max_pkt_size '512'

config upload_class 'uclass_1'
option name 'Fast'
option percent_bandwidth '30'

config upload_class 'uclass_2'
option name 'Normal'
option percent_bandwidth '70'

config upload_rule 'upload_rule_100'
option class 'uclass_1'
option test_order '100'
option max_pkt_size '512'

If you use this file for your QOS then you will have to set the speeds in the GUI for it to work rite.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

eierfrucht

Post by eierfrucht »

I was able to recreate the QoS weirdness with 1.9.1 on a 1043ND V1. It appears that QoS settings may become corrupt at some point in time when you save them. I'll be doing more testing shortly. This situation is totally puzzling me. I've got an Archer C7, some 1043ND v2's and some 1043ND V1's here. The bug is triggered by some event other than just running 1.9.1, but if it happens it kicks in after saving QoS settings...

Currently I'm planning to flash them with the latest Gargoyle-PL (since it has more bugfixes), clear up rootfs then test them one by one. They are in production now, but soon they are going to be temporarily replaced by other hardware, so I'm getting a chance to investigate.

Twizzel

Post by Twizzel »

Some feedback for you. I have 1.9.1 with C7 Archer V2. I get both Wifi and LAN in reset loop following the addition of a restriction in Firewall settings. During the cycle I managed to delete the restrictions and then everything returned to normal.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Did that restriction have layer7 in it?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

deepblue2000

Post by deepblue2000 »

I have upgraded today successfully from 1.8.1 (wa901nd) to 1.9.1

in Basic Settings the "Transmit Power:" is now max 24
in 1.8.1 I could set 30 (max)

is there a patch to get 30 Transmit power back ?