Version 1.9.1

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

ericwong

Re: Version 1.9.1

Post by ericwong »

petbrau wrote:
ericwong wrote: There is something wrong with 1.9.1 when QoS is enabled. Without QoS, the router appears to function normally.
If Layer7 rules are used in QoS, this behavior is normal, due to the incorrect implementation of the Layer7 protocol by Eric.
Take a look at
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=8&t=8299
I certainly have L7 rules in my QoS. This make sense now.

Can the moderator add warning to the download page about this behaviour for the corresponding firmware to avoid people getting into reboot loop and not knowing how to fix it.

kernel: finally remove layer7 filter support
it has been non-functional for years and caused numerous memleaks and crashes for people that tried to enable it.
it has no maintained upstream source, and it does not look like it's
going to be fixed any time soon
https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/45423
Shouldn't there be a replacement for L7 protocol rather than fixing an outdated feature? I remember there was someone discussing about alternative to L7 in the forum before.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Again, on my very long todo list.

It's a big change though. So it's kind of low priority.
I'd rather fix people shooting themselves in the foot with the preserve settings issue first.

And before any of that, I'm also working with another user to get a massive GUI overhaul completed which will make gargoyle much faster, and easier to use across multiple device types (mobile etc) :)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

VAMET

Post by VAMET »

Dear Friends

Does 1.9.1 fix bandwidth problem, which hasn't been fixed from 1.6.2? I had only 250/20Mbps on 1.6.2, any newer versions have got problem and with them I have only c.a. 180/20Mbps. So what about 1.9.1?

Sincerely
VAMET

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

There are no improvements for that issue
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

foxyboy

Post by foxyboy »

After upgrading my TL-WR1043ND v2.1 from V1.9.0. to V1.9.1 with Parameters being saved, I found I had to re-install some plugins-ins wheich had been installed to usb.

They were listed as Instaleld but were not available in GUI etc

An uninstall and re-install did the trick :-)
Linksys WRT1200AC v1 Gargoyle 1.12
TP-Link Archer A7 v5 Gargoyle 1.13 PL

meazz1

Post by meazz1 »

foxyboy wrote:After upgrading my TL-WR1043ND v2.1 from V1.9.0. to V1.9.1 with Parameters being saved, I found I had to re-install some plugins-ins wheich had been installed to usb.

They were listed as Instaleld but were not available in GUI etc

An uninstall and re-install did the trick :-)
How did you install on USB? Can you give me a brief instruction? I also have a 1043 V3 running gargoyle 1.9.1.

arejaytee

Post by arejaytee »

Lantis wrote:I'm also working with another user to get a massive GUI overhaul completed which will make gargoyle much faster, and easier to use across multiple device types (mobile etc) :)
Like the interface on this? https://www.synology.com/en-uk/products/RT1900ac ! I kid but damn i wish we could have some of the extra gargoyle features on that!

sp_archer

Post by sp_archer »

TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - flashed successfully, works fine.

mpp

Post by mpp »

Hello all,

I am new here. I was pleased to find a flash for my TP-Link Archer C7 V2 router which has a very strong wireless signal. I purchased this router off of the original owner who had it for a couple of months on April 5, 2015.

Since my ISP has imposed 150-gigabyte limit on my monthly bandwidth usage, I must assure that we do not go over that limit. The grandkids are now visiting out of province and I want to assure that they are limited to their downloads in order to tow the line. Now, The first time I attempted to impose download limits on my grandchildren, the Archer factory software proceeded to freeze internet activity to anyone on the network. Obviously, I needed to remove the download restriction to get the use of my wireless network again.

It is for this reason, I turned to Gargoyle in hopes of better monitoring my network and being able to successfully impose download limits on chosen users. I will have to play around with this a little to figure out how best to do it.

I currently have the router flashed with version 1.8.1. I understand that this is termed as a stable release. I like the idea of having stable software running on the router. The flash worked brilliantly on the first attempt. Kudos to the developers and the all the hard work of those who made this possible.

I have read that 1.9.1 "Handles wireless AC routers properly". I assume this means that 1.8.1 does not handle AC routers such as mine properly. Please correct me if my understanding is correct.

I also read that the 1.9.1 software hangs the new 2016 Archer C7 router (ish). Since we do a lot of streaming I would like to have the AC wireless handled properly. I just want to assure that my router can handle the 1.9.1 release before I flash it. Can someone, please offer some assurance that I can flash the 1.9.1 version without having my Archer C7 V2 hang on me?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards.

:)

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

It should be fine as long as you don't preserve your settings when you upgrade