Version 1.9.1

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

runner75

Re: Version 1.9.1

Post by runner75 »

Hi guys
This version can be activated channel 13?
My Net WD750

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Yes. See wireless configuration at the openwrt wiki
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

daniel3x

Post by daniel3x »

For the people who bricked their tp-wr1043nd

You can recover your device using tftp recovery
First you need to change your computer's IP Address to 192.168.0.66 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0
And you need tftp server such as tftpd32 that you can download from following site http://tftpd32.jounin.net/download/tftpd32.452.zip
Check if your tftp can work on 192.168.0.66
Browse for the folder you store flash file make sure to change its name to wr1043nv3_tp_recovery.bin
Check if it is in tftp folder
Now connect your router's LAN port to PC
Hold the reset button while power on your router
Keep holding for a few seconds
You can see it start downloading firmware from tftp server
Give it 1 to 2 minutes to flash and reboot
Now you can access your router via 192.168.0.1
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfPUXo39kgI

Gecko951

Post by Gecko951 »

I have upgraded my UBNT airrouterHP from 1.7.1 to 1.9.1 and everything seemed to be working OK. After restoring my configuration backup the wifi SSID came up and clients have internet access but the Gargoyle web UI does not load. I can login via SSH; is there a way to recover the web UI?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Gecko951 wrote:I have upgraded my UBNT airrouterHP from 1.7.1 to 1.9.1 and everything seemed to be working OK. After restoring my configuration backup the wifi SSID came up and clients have internet access but the Gargoyle web UI does not load. I can login via SSH; is there a way to recover the web UI?
After restoring my configuration backup
Why do people do this :(

failsafe reset!

Adri

Post by Adri »

Lantis wrote:Anyone using a bridge config shouldn't preserve settings. Because we updated the way bridges are handled.
Yeah....

And this is documented where?
On the download page, it is said preserve setting is possible between 1.9.0 and 1.9.1!

Also the client bridge is no longer working as a bridge.
It is now more like a router now, since the bridge IP has to be OUTSIDE the AP network subnet!
How can I get the old bridge setup back, with the bridge IP as part of the AP subnet?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

well it says in the changes that it was changed. And does it say that that you can, or does it just not say that you can't?

Moving right along, it is still a bridge.
All clients end up on the same subnet. Is this not the behaviour you are after?
If you'd like the old bridge back, downgrade. :)

I'd be happy to discuss with you how the new bridge functionality works in a private message. Just be mindful of any tone in your message, intentional or otherwise
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

calculoso

Post by calculoso »

ispyisail wrote:
Gecko951 wrote:
After restoring my configuration backup
Why do people do this :(

failsafe reset!
Ispyisail / Lantis - quick question - how easy/hard do you think it would be to write a configuration conversion/filter that would prevent this?

What I mean is:
- add a "gargoyle version number" file to the configuration
- add a cross-reference table entry for each version that lists configuration files that cannot be directly imported from the last version (or a yes/no for each feature - for example, hosts file reuse - yes, ethers file reuse - yes, wireless configuration - no, etc)
- add logic to the configuration restore and preserve configuration features which looks at the existing firmware version and the configuration to be restored/preserved. This logic would decide what files could be directly re-used without any modification a which could not
- perhaps a dialog could be presented informing the user of the settings that would need to be re-done, and give them an opportunity to cancel it
- extra functionality could be to even convert the files that could not be directly reused into a new usable format? This sounds much harder though...

I'm sure there are lots of configuration files and this may be a big initial step, but at least something like this may prevent the issues that we've seen above.

Thoughts?

frosty

Post by frosty »

tapper wrote:With no sys-led:
hold the sys button down on boot for 7 seconds.
After letting go of the button it will take 5 seconds to get into firstboot. If 7 seconds dont work then try 10 seconds. Just keep trying you can try tapping the button for 5- 10 seconds on boot to. It can be dun mate i have dun it and i am blind (ninja) lol It's a real pane in the arse.
Thanks for the input, couldn't get it to work though.. So I bit the bullet, sourced a ttl converter in my vicinity, soldered the three pins and recovered via serial.
Lantis wrote: Because people are lazy.
True enough.. however, I've only preserved settings when flashing minor upgrades (like this one). Thus, I've never experienced any issues while preserving. This was the first instance, and I've used that option rather often.

Indeed, if 50% of the bricks can be sourced to the 'preserve settings' option then I'd say get rid of it... Or at least that's what I'd say without me shiny new 3,5 serial jack. Therefore I say F-it, keep them bad-flashes coming! 8-)

erez669

Post by erez669 »

what about tp-link 1043nd v3 and v4 support?