Version 1.3.5: Wireless N

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Domino_55

Re: Version 1.3.5: Wireless N

Post by Domino_55 »

Eric wrote:Domino_55: I think this is just a matter of setting the country code. I'll look into implementing a control to do that.
Eric,

Thanks!

Detailed... I successfully setted up a European country code (826) for Madwifi on a DIR-300 via the module loading. After a reboot the "iwlist ath0 channel" output show 13 usable channels, but the Gargoyle UI still shown 11 channels.

Additionally... a TP-Link TL-WR741ND running on client mode (everything is OK) but if it is connect to an AP whereat the SSID broadcast is disabled, the 741ND cannot reconnect to AP if the connection lost. If the SSID broadcast is enabled, then no problem. I don't known how that's problem is Gargoyle or OpenWrt specific.

xuanyinwen

router count lower than real

Post by xuanyinwen »

Hi Eric,

Could you please tell me any way can solve the router count lower than real. and I still not quite understand what do you mean for lost power?

many thanks!!
Wayne

rfdude

Version 1.3.5: DHCP Not Working right?

Post by rfdude »

I had a previous version of Gargoyle (1.2.x) with DHCP working fine. Since I installed 1.3.5 on an Asus 500GP v1 I noticed that the same host will reset their DHCP lease time every time they start a new session. I set lease time to 170 hours to help with some quota restrictions. No host IP actually gets to zero unless they haven't had a session in so many hours. So the lease time effectively has become "time since last session". Otherwise it works fine and issues the MAC the same address as it received previously.

Great work on Gargoyle. I appreciate the throttling feature when quota exceeded. Thanks.
rfdude
------------------
1.09.2 Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 -> 8 OpenMesh AP's
1.10.0 Archer C7 -> Multiple Cisco 1702i Autonomous Mode