Versions 1.9.0 & 1.8.1

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

finsoft03

Re: Versions 1.9.0 & 1.8.1

Post by finsoft03 »

I have flashed DDWRT, OPENWRT and few others and finally I flashed Gargoyle firmware in my TL WR1043ND V2 router and I really want to thanks the developer for developing this amazing firmware. This is the best so far.
But I feel a kind of short on the wireless settings. There is only option of B+G+N and no other option. Why not to use N only or G+N option? The wireless setting options are what I feel a kind of missing. If you could add options to choose channel width of 10 or 5 MHz would be awesome. Also force 40MHz would be useful.

VAMET

Post by VAMET »

Dear Friends

What about bandwidth in this version? Is it still not working with full power? I have 250/20Mbps results in 1.6.2 version and in all other versions give me a lot less something around 180/20Mbps. How it looks like in 1.9.0 version? Of course I am talking about wired connection not WiFi.

Sincerely
VAMET

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

finsoft03 wrote:I have flashed DDWRT, OPENWRT and few others and finally I flashed Gargoyle firmware in my TL WR1043ND V2 router and I really want to thanks the developer for developing this amazing firmware. This is the best so far.
But I feel a kind of short on the wireless settings. There is only option of B+G+N and no other option. Why not to use N only or G+N option? The wireless setting options are what I feel a kind of missing. If you could add options to choose channel width of 10 or 5 MHz would be awesome. Also force 40MHz would be useful.

There is an update coming that adds more options.
However:
- there is no support for N only in openwrt that I am aware of.
- why do you require 5 or 10MHz?
- forcing 40MHz is in violation of FCC requirements
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

VAMET wrote:Dear Friends

What about bandwidth in this version? Is it still not working with full power? I have 250/20Mbps results in 1.6.2 version and in all other versions give me a lot less something around 180/20Mbps. How it looks like in 1.9.0 version? Of course I am talking about wired connection not WiFi.

Sincerely
You won't see much if any improvement.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

finsoft03

Post by finsoft03 »

Lantis wrote:
finsoft03 wrote:I have flashed DDWRT, OPENWRT and few others and finally I flashed Gargoyle firmware in my TL WR1043ND V2 router and I really want to thanks the developer for developing this amazing firmware. This is the best so far.

There is an update coming that adds more options.
However:
- there is no support for N only in openwrt that I am aware of.
- why do you require 5 or 10MHz?
- forcing 40MHz is in violation of FCC requir(ements
Thanks for the reply and also for new updates that is coming soon. The 10mhz will help in crowded area to avoid interference.

erez669

Post by erez669 »

i want to upgrade firmware from v1.6.2 to 1.8.1 latest stable build, i have tp-link 1043nd v2.1, someone tried this version on this router? it's stable enough? want to know if it's working good before proceeding.

vladtheodor

Post by vladtheodor »

Hi !

Can you please write DEFAULT on Gargoyle the following lines ?:

# cd /tmp/
# wget http://luci.subsignal.org/~jow/reghack/reghack.mips.elf
# chmod +x reghack.mips.elf
# ./reghack.mips.elf /lib/modules/*/ath.ko
# ./reghack.mips.elf /lib/modules/*/cfg80211.ko
# reboot

(Remove "###" if you want to execute commands in webshell)

Or just enable channel 13 (DEFAULT)... :D
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

vladtheodor wrote:Hi !

Can you please write DEFAULT on Gargoyle the following lines ?:

# cd /tmp/
# wget http://luci.subsignal.org/~jow/reghack/reghack.mips.elf
# chmod +x reghack.mips.elf
# ./reghack.mips.elf /lib/modules/*/ath.ko
# ./reghack.mips.elf /lib/modules/*/cfg80211.ko
# reboot

(Remove "###" if you want to execute commands in webshell)

Or just enable channel 13 (DEFAULT)... :D

Please see here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3231&start=60#p31800

You can set your own country code in 1.9.0 anyway.

ninderrycomp

Post by ninderrycomp »

Having problems with the guest network on 1.9.0 on my TP-Link WR-TL1043ND. It will connect and I can ping the router but traffic won't pass through to the gateway. Tried enabling/disabling wireless isolation and still not working. Using WPA2-PSK security.

vladtheodor

Post by vladtheodor »

Lantis wrote:Please see here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3231&start=60#p31800

You can set your own country code in 1.9.0 anyway.

I think you are programmers and not just Openwrt-copy/pasters with a new graphycal interface, tracking webmon and no ipv6 . :lol:
You can do a new plugin in the plugin-list. Can you create this plugin !? :roll:
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1