Version 1.8.0 - Stable

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Re: Version 1.8.0 - Stable

Post by ispyisail »

justAguy wrote:Still broken, just like 1.7.2 (Archer C7 V2).

In the channel config, the 2.4Ghz channel select shows 5Ghz channels and vise versa.
5Ghz channels: 1-11
2.4Ghz channels: 36-165

If I try to change 5Gz to 40Mhz its available channels dropdown goes blank.

Currently showing 2.4Gz on channel 1 and 5Ghz enabled.
Wi-Fi snoop shows channel 6 and no 5Ghz.
Thanks for reporting, Eric now has this router as a test device so I suspect this will be fixed early in CC.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

upgraded TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 from 1.7.2.x to 1.8 with preserve settings

all working well except plugins

Plugins that were installed before upgrade are now longer showing on the menu but the plugins menus displays then as installed

uninstall then install fixed the problem

gregi

Post by gregi »

hi, i flashed by tl-wdr4300 with v1.8.0. and afterwards restore configuration from backup from 1.7.1.
now the effect is that router is working, but i can not access router via standard IP. does any one has an idea, how to get to the router in this case?
and to reset to default setings under v1.8.0?
thx in advance for your help,
gregi

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

You can't restore settings from 1.7.1 into 1.8.0.

You should be able to SSH into the router.
Check that the following file exists: /etc/config/uhttpd
And remove the following file: /etc/config/httpd_gargoyle

After those two steps if you reboot the router *i think* it should all come good.

Failing that, in ssh you can do a "firstboot" to restore everything.
You can manually restore your settings using WinSCP but leave out the httpd_gargoyle config file.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

majimus

Post by majimus »

Hey Guys,

Using Gargoyle for few years now. I'm running Guest WiFi on my TL-WDR3600 v1 on 1.7.2. using a separate network interface/subnet which allows me to control the guest bandwidth using qos.

If there are no compelling technical reasons why this functionality was not included in Gargoyle and no one is already working on introducing this feature I would like to contribute back to the project by working on this.

-majimus

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Using Gargoyle for few years now. I'm running Guest WiFi on my TL-WDR3600 v1 on 1.7.2. using a separate network interface/subnet which allows me to control the guest bandwidth using qos.

If there are no compelling technical reasons why this functionality was not included in Gargoyle and no one is already working on introducing this feature I would like to contribute back to the project by working on this.
There was some serious discussion about this. From my understanding QOS and other features are embedded deep and It was going to be a big job.

On the plus side Eric was keen so i'm going to suggest any contribution more than welcome.

s124250409

Post by s124250409 »

1.80 adblock Enable "Attempt to hide blocked ads" DIR 505 Over and over again to restart(1.80 路由开启Attempt to hide blocked ads,路由就反复重启,为什么啊?,1.72 all right)

gregi

Post by gregi »

hi i recover router after "firstboot" command.
set up QoS for streams. worked for the while.
and looks like my services provide upc change the IP address of WAN port of the modem.
I lost the internet connection. Router is not able to release IP address of WAN port and to renew it from menu Connection/Basic. DHCP is set to DHCP (wired). can you help how to automaticly assign new IP?

Can you explain why on wan eth0 interface, are two logical sub-interfaces eth0.1 and eth0.2? old WAN IP address is assigned to eth0.2.

thx for help,
g.

StyXziBITiz

Post by StyXziBITiz »

Router: TP-Link Archer C7 v2

Bug-Report:

-TOR (Hidden Service Access Only) is not working. I can´t open any .onion sites with this selection

-USB Storage is not working correctly. I can only read via FTP. I cant change read to read&write permissions. I´ve tried everything - i cant change this to R/W

I´ll flash now back to stock-rom :|

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Well too bad, the upgrade went bad and my 1043nd is now bricked. failsafe unbrick don't work since the sys led don't flash at all. Set up my Linksys ea6900 now. Maybe it is time to retire the 1043nd.
I have the exact same problem

I will need to plug in my serial cable to see what going on

all my other router are ok?