Release!

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Release!

Post by Eric »

Welcome.

I started working on Gargoyle several months ago. I was looking for an open-source user interface for OpenWrt that was as straightforward to use as the proprietary interfaces. Unfortunately, the existing software did not meet my needs, so I decided to write such an interface myself. The result is Gargoyle.

I have done my best to test this code myself, but nothing can compare to the wide variety of hardware and user needs available out in the real world. There are bound to be some bugs, and as soon as they are identified (please help by reporting them!), they will be hunted down and terminated with extreme prejudice.

Also, be aware that while I've tried to include many useful features in Gargoyle your favorite feature may not yet be present. Be aware that Gargoyle is a relatively new project, is being actively developed, and more functionality will be added with time. Be patient.

Finally, one note about the forum. I've formatted it to work with the current theme of this website, and it it works fairly well. However, a few of the controls, in particular the User Control panel may seem a bit awkward. The forum interface, like Gargoyle as a whole, will be refined with time.

-- Eric