Version 1.7.1 - Guest Network Support

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

guyso

Re: Version 1.7.1 - Guest Network Support

Post by guyso »

Hello all.

I have just tried to upgrade the firmware on my WNDR3700v1 to the latest released by ispyisail on 26 April.

After downloading, unpacking, etc and clicking Upgrade Now with Preserve Settings ticked, I get the Uploading Firmware dialogue box with the spinning dots. Unfortunately this dialogue box stays on the screen and nothing else happens, the upgrade does not proceed and after some time I close the Browser and Gargoyle is normal, though not upgraded. I am currently running the build previously released by ispyisail, Built 20150318-1801 git@5184093.

Any ideas?
Netgear WNDR3700 v1 and v2 and v4
Linksys WRT1900ACS

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

guyso wrote:Hello all.

I have just tried to upgrade the firmware on my WNDR3700v1 to the latest released by ispyisail on 26 April.

After downloading, unpacking, etc and clicking Upgrade Now with Preserve Settings ticked, I get the Uploading Firmware dialogue box with the spinning dots. Unfortunately this dialogue box stays on the screen and nothing else happens, the upgrade does not proceed and after some time I close the Browser and Gargoyle is normal, though not upgraded. I am currently running the build previously released by ispyisail, Built 20150318-1801 git@5184093.

Any ideas?
after a long period reboot "router" and 'PC" then retry.

If that fails

goto "failsafe reset"

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/generic.failsafe

failing that you need to go to a serial cable

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

alternative

Post by alternative »

AP mode not working on old atheros boxes like fonera.
Client mode works,but unstable.

guyso

Post by guyso »

ispyisail wrote:
guyso wrote:Hello all.

Any ideas?
after a long period reboot "router" and 'PC" then retry.

If that fails

goto "failsafe reset"

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/generic.failsafe

failing that you need to go to a serial cable
Hello and thanks for your suggested approaches. I have tried the failsafe reset and it did not help. I still can not update the firmware. Following is a copy of the failsafe Telnet session. Is there something I need to do differently?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
root@(none):/# mount_root
jffs2 is ready
No jffs2 marker was found
switching to overlay
root@(none):/# firstboot
This will erase all settings and remove any installed packages. Are you sure? [N
/y]
y
/dev/mtdblock5 is mounted as /overlay, only erasing files
root@(none):/# mtd -r erase rootfs_data
Unlocking rootfs_data ...
Erasing rootfs_data ...
Rebooting ...

Connection to host lost.

C:\Windows\System32>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If i have done this correctly and it has not helped, how do I use the serial cable. I have no serial connection on the WNDR3700. Alternatively is there a file or setting I can change using WinSCP to solve this problem?
Netgear WNDR3700 v1 and v2 and v4
Linksys WRT1900ACS

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

try without
Now with Preserve Settings

tals

Post by tals »

Is their a problem with WiFi using 5ghz. Got a netgear 3700v2, upgraded to 1.71 thought I would try 5ghz and on a speediest I barely hit 1mb, on 2.4 I get 11 mb (I know that's about all I get here :()
Netgear wndr3700 v2 Gargoyle 1.8.0
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 1.10.X (Built 20180122-0707)

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

tals wrote:Is their a problem with WiFi using 5ghz. Got a netgear 3700v2, upgraded to 1.71 thought I would try 5ghz and on a speediest I barely hit 1mb, on 2.4 I get 11 mb (I know that's about all I get here :()
There have been reports of problems

Eric has done tests but can't locate the problem. If fact it works fine for him?

Or so I'm lead to believe?

tapper

Post by tapper »

tals wrote:Is their a problem with WiFi using 5ghz. Got a netgear 3700v2, upgraded to 1.71 thought I would try 5ghz and on a speediest I barely hit 1mb, on 2.4 I get 11 mb (I know that's about all I get here :()
Hi one thing you could try is flash back to latest OEM firmware and then flash back to 1.7.1 It's just a punt in the dark tho good luck!
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

simono_pl

Post by simono_pl »

Guys
Is possible to Guest network not be MAC filtered?
I have MAC filter switched on for my home SSID. When I try Guest network I must switch off MAC filtering for my home SSID to work Guest network.
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 = OpenWrt CC
TP-Link TL-WR842ND v1 = Gargoyle 1.9.X
TL-WA850RE = Gargoyle 1.9.X