Version 1.7.0 - Barrier Breaker

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Version 1.7.0 - Barrier Breaker

Post by Eric »

Version 1.7.0, based on OpenWRT Barrier Breaker is now officially released.

Do NOT try to preserve settings between previous releases and 1.7.0 -- The new configuration files for Barrier Breaker are different than previous versions of OpenWRT and you will likely brick your router!

This released focused merely on updating the functionality available on 1.6.2 to run on the more recent version of OpenWRT, and the primary benefit you will see is newer wireless drivers and the availability of Gargoyle for a much larger range of router models.

One important note: Wireless AC capability is not supported in this release. The hardware of some supported models has this capability, but software support is currently not available for Gargoyle.

There was a recent patch contributed that will enable guest network support -- that is not included in this release, but now that porting to Barrier Breaker is complete this will be merged and will be available in the next release.

This release marks the first release in a the new 1.7.x Experimental branch, and may be buggier than previous releases in the 1.6.x stable branch. I have tried to test well, but I anticipate there may be a few bugs remaining. Please report any bugs -- in particular bugs that were not present in previous releases -- in the thread below.

liveup

Re: Version 1.7.0 - Barrier Breaker

Post by liveup »

new kernel is to big. 4M rom can't make bin...

tapper

Post by tapper »

Hi Eric

Thanks for all your hard work on this new build but could you pleas ad the WDMynet N750?
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

paradoxman

Post by paradoxman »

great work Eric !
my WDR4300 is connected as a client bridge to the main router that has 100 Mbit internet wired connection; with 1.6.2 I had 86 Mbps at a speedtest on this wdr4300 but now on 1.7.0 I have over 100 Mbps on the same router with the same settings and this is 2 houses away from the main router , over Wifi and in direct sight

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

On the Status-Overview page under "Access Point SSID" I thought in 1.6.2 it listed both the 2.4 and 5 GHz names. In 1.7.0 it only lists 2.4 for me.
WNDR3800.

Don't know if bug, intentional change or I'm imagining the previous functionality.

Thanks very much for your work on this project. I'm only 6 days into running Gargoyle and I'm loving it.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

tapper

Post by tapper »

Lantis wrote:On the Status-Overview page under "Access Point SSID" I thought in 1.6.2 it listed both the 2.4 and 5 GHz names. In 1.7.0 it only lists 2.4 for me.
WNDR3800.

Don't know if bug, intentional change or I'm imagining the previous functionality.

Thanks very much for your work on this project. I'm only 6 days into running Gargoyle and I'm loving it.

Same here wrd3600 all tho both my ssids for 2.4 and 5 GHZ are set the same.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

trex

Post by trex »

on tp link wr741nd v4 the lan ip setting doesn´t save.. it reboots with the same default ip..

tryfarming

Post by tryfarming »

installs and runs fine on wndr3800 except dlna does not scan for media.
media is on a usb attached drive, files can be shared across network so drive is recognised and able to be read. dlna server is running and can be seen on network but is empty. Any help appreciated.

tryfarming

Post by tryfarming »

UPDATE to dlna
if i set source drive to internal root disk then it does find and scan the external usb media although it does end up as being around 6 directories down so it cant be used by media devices

kuss

Post by kuss »

geat work ty