Moderator: Moderators

thor2002ro

Re: Barrier Breaker Progress

Post by thor2002ro »

ispyisail wrote:
there's a problem with the build process from git and no one seams to care :|
or nobody knows

I'm doing a new update build now, see what happens
ok... update... I managed to build it the issue is the old ipsec makefile and patches.... I updated the makefile and patches with the one from bb/package/network/utils/ipset and builds fine

and enableing num_build_threads=1 in build.sh is a must errors every time on my 8 core cpu otherwise

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

IchBinLuda

Post by IchBinLuda »

Is there a TP-LINK WR741ND v1 and v2 version?

Nope. There isn't. :(

Chilling_Silence

Post by Chilling_Silence »

Trying to build for WDR4300 but not having any luck. Just built OpenWRT a number of times successfully so maketools all there.

Just so I'm not missing anything, what should I be running to make it for that target and where should I expect the output files to be?

Many thanks

phgerin

Post by phgerin »

Hello,

Small bug here.
I have tried all the builds of BB on my wdr3600 router,
and I use a software on my mac to monitor the DSL link of the router.
The software uses UPNP and worked great with the 1.6.x builds.
Since 1.7.x, after a few hours, the download speed reported by the router is always 0, while the upload speed is ok.

Chilling_Silence

Chilling_Silence wrote:Trying to build for WDR4300 but not having any luck. Just built OpenWRT a number of times successfully so maketools all there.
Nevermind, repulled, re-ran the commands, did make custom, it's all happy this time around for some odd reason. Cool beans! :)

Chilling_Silence

Chilling_Silence wrote:Nevermind, repulled, re-ran the commands, did make custom, it's all happy this time around for some odd reason. Cool beans! :)
When I try and run "make custom" the first time, it builds successful and I've got that running, flashed, happy on the WDR4300 no worries.

However if I try and re-run "make custom", it always complains the second time around (I don't get the menuconfig to modify OpenWRT the second time around either):

Code: Select all

WARNING: skipping kmod-bridge -- package not selected
WARNING: skipping kmod-llc -- package not selected
WARNING: skipping kmod-stp -- package not selected
WARNING: skipping kmod-8021q -- package not selected
WARNING: skipping kmod-iptunnel -- package not selected
WARNING: skipping kmod-ipv6 -- package not selected
mkdir -p /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/bin/ar71xx/packages /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/CONTROL /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/staging_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/pkginfo
. /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/include/shell.sh; export modules=; probe_module() { mods="$1"; boot="$2"; shift 2; for mod in $mods; do if [ -e /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/lib/modules/3.10.49/$mod.ko ]; then mkdir -p /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/etc/modules.d; echo "$mod" >> /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/etc/modules.d/gre; fi; done; if [ -e /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/etc/modules.d/gre ]; then if [ "$boot" = "1" ]; then mkdir -p /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/etc/modules-boot.d; ln -s ../modules.d/gre /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/etc/modules-boot.d/; fi; modules="${modules:+$modules}"; fi; }; add_module() { priority="$1"; mods="$2"; boot="$3"; shift 3; for mod in $mods; do if [ -e /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/lib/modules/3.10.49/$mod.ko ]; then mkdir -p /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/etc/modules.d; echo "$mod" >> /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/etc/modules.d/$priority-gre; fi; done; if [ -e /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/etc/modules.d/$priority-gre ]; then if [ "$boot" = "1" ]; then mkdir -p /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/etc/modules-boot.d; ln -s ../modules.d/$priority-gre /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/etc/modules-boot.d/; fi; modules="${modules:+$modules }$priority-gre"; fi; }; add_module "39" "gre ip_gre" ""; if [ -n "$modules" ]; then mkdir -p /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/etc/modules.d; mkdir -p /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/CONTROL; echo "#!/bin/sh" > /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/CONTROL/postinst; echo "[ -z \"\$IPKG_INSTROOT\" ] || exit 0" >> /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/CONTROL/postinst; echo ". /lib/functions.sh" >> /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/CONTROL/postinst; echo "insert_modules $modules" >> /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/CONTROL/postinst; chmod 0755 /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre/CONTROL/postinst; fi
find /home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx_generic/packages/ipkg-ar71xx/kmod-gre -name 'CVS' -o -name '.svn' -o -name '.#*' -o -name '*~'| xargs -r rm -rf
Package kmod-gre is missing dependencies for the following libraries:
ip_tunnel.ko
make[4]: *** [/home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/bin/ar71xx/packages/kmod-gre_3.10.49-1-2fadb50e1e02bae9eb9c87a6c98dcac1_ar71xx.ipk] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/package/kernel/linux'
make[3]: *** [package/kernel/linux/compile] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src'
make[2]: *** [/home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src/staging_dir/target-mips_uClibc-0.9.33.2/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src'
make[1]: *** [world] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/josiah/gargoyle/custom-src'
Should I be running something different if I'm wanting to make changes to OpenWRT and Gargoyle and then recompile it again?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

update

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... =14&t=6516

All ready started the next build

fi5ban

Post by fi5ban »

ERIC

You should not be sorry for anything. Especially for delays, perfection takes time!!! I would hope you have a life beyond Gargoyle,and it is holiday season also , So please don't rush enjoy family,friends, and a couple of your favorite adult beverage :D If you are married give your wife a hug from all of us and tell her thank you for allowing you time to work on this project! and the same if you have kids!

I would hope I speak for all of us here who love gargoyle and say

THANK YOU AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!

joea

Post by joea »

fi5ban wrote:ERIC

You should not be sorry for anything. Especially for delays, perfection takes time!!! I would hope you have a life beyond Gargoyle,and it is holiday season also , So please don't rush enjoy family,friends, and a couple of your favorite adult beverage :D If you are married give your wife a hug from all of us and tell her thank you for allowing you time to work on this project! and the same if you have kids!

I would hope I speak for all of us here who love gargoyle and say

THANK YOU AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!

I agree completely! Thank you Eric,ispyisail, and et al. for all your hard work; I understand that creating this firmware is difficult and I am also very appreciative. I wish you and your family the best for the holidays. :D